First Grow Tell Me What You Think

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sp33dy36, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Number of Plants? 3
    What strain is it? BAG SEED
    Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg Stage
    If in Veg... For how long? 3 Weeks
    Indoor or outdoor? Indoor Closet
    Soil or Hydro? Soil
    If soil... what is in your mix? MG Mix W/ Perlite
    If soil... What size pot? 6"
    Size of light? Four 40 watt CFL's & Ten 23/26 watt CFL's 2700k & 6500k
    Is it aircooled? No
    Temp of Room/cab? 75
    PH of media or res? 5.5-6
    Any Pests? No
    How often are you watering? After inch of Soil is dry
    Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms Trio: Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom/Grow Big

Attached Files:

2. Nice and clean looking.. do you plan on topping your plants at all?.. they definetly look great, nice grow

3. Thanks for the compliment "uneek4sure" and I do not plan on topping for my first grow. I would like to get a little experience with the growing process first. My next grow I will top them.

Your going to wish you did top them, or at least LST. Its going to double you yield

5. Ebcrew, I do plan on doing some LST on them. I am currently waiting for next paycheck before I proceed. I am gonna run by my local hydroponics store.

6. LST kicks ass. transplant first into 2-3+ gallon plastic potss you can punch holes in the rim for places to tie cord for low stress training.

I use LST on big outdoor plants and you can do it all the way till harvest with no problems.
    One point tied down
    View attachment 1472964

10 points tied down.
    View attachment 1475617

7. Update: Plants PH Spiked! Resulted in PH Burn. First Noobie Mistake with ferts. Two show signs while one is completely fine. Replanted in fresh soil with 25% Perlite without added nutes to bring PH back to 5.5-6. Gahh.

Picture

Attached Files:

8. Too young, don't feed them yet, or go with a 50% strength and work your way up

9. #9 sp33dy36, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    I was only using 1/4 of regular dosage through 1 gallon of water. Not sure how that happened, but I transplanted into fresh soil and a bigger pot. Two out of three plants have the burn one is worse than the others. My PH spiked from 6.0 to 7.0 fairly quickly. I believe it was because lack of drainage holes. They are perfect now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. 35 Days In Veg Stage
    3 Days In Flower So Far!
    Small deficiency that shows on plants have been fixed and PH is 6.5.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424287562.803838.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424287577.668604.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424287587.983179.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum