First Grow Tell me what u think

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lilmisspiff, Feb 3, 2012.

1. well i had a bottle of seeds i have been collecting and saving for some time now and after some spare time i decided to attempt to grow them so i picked out 15 seeds no idea what they are were they came from nothing just random i used an old wood cabinet and put a low heat heating pad inside it i then used a empty plastic q-tip container and filled that with warm water and placed the seeds in it and then in the cabinet for germination i was only using the heating pad an hour here an hour there until i went out one night and forgot to unplug it i then realized that it wouldnt go on fire if i left it on so now with only 2 hours and 16 minutes untill they have been germinated for 48 hours i am running the heating pad constant i was worried cause they didnt appear to be germinating at all a couple hours on the heating pad and they all started opening so i ran out and decided i needed something to put them in i decided i wanted to use a rubber storage bin while i was at the store i came across a 16 seed starter kit self watering i decided to try it i now have it set up in the storage bin awaiting its seeds so i went back out to figure out lighting i came across a under cabinet 18" florescent with a f15t8 15w 120 lumen 2300k bulb for $7.95 i decided it would work i then went out and got a new bulb for it i got a 15w 600 lumen 5000k full spectrum bulb for $6.99 after all this i decided i wanted two of the lights because the ballast kinda directs the light to one side a little so i went back and got another of each so know i have a medium storage bin with 2 15w (eg. 60w) 600 lumens (1200 lumens total) at 5000k full spectrum sitting in a selfwatering 16 cell "greenhouse" waiting for the 16 unknown seeds to germinate so only 3 germinated and i decided against the seed starter thing instead im doing 6 4" transferable type pots to grow the roots and start them growing

tell me what u think i cant get pictures to post yet :(

2. well 3 seeds germinated nicely there now in the pots i was wondering should i leave them in the dark in the pots for like 24 hours let them settle in before hitting them with the light im def gonna wait until the time i plan on starting there 20 hour light cycle but should i wait an extra day maybe do something like no lights first 24 hours 1 light 48 hours 2 lights 72 hours so the light isnt so extreme so sudden? and i was also thinking of a drip system for water being i can have these plants 2 inches away from the lights cause theres no heat from them i was thinking of raising the plants up to the light and filling the bottom with water with a small pump some hose and drip tips like the ones i use on my sprinkler system for my garden outside what do u think? from my understanding from germination to seedlings they need more oxygen than anything so i figure i can scarce the water for right this second

3. i was also wondering i had purchased an 1/8 of ome very good stuff and happen to find 2 seeds in it so i threw them in the water with the rest now they were the only two light almost white seeds in their so i knew i could tell them apart so now that was this morning so by this afternoon 1 of the light seeds i put in this morning already germinated and 2 out of the 16 i had in their is this good or bad normal unheardof ??