First Grow - Super Silver Haze

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by purplejpenguin, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Hey Guys,

So since my roommate and I can't tell anybody we know about our grow, we're telling you guys since we just cant keep it in. We're using CFLs (100 watt equivalent, ~1600 lumens each) held about 3 inches above the eventual scrog, with a DWC hydroponic system and foxfarm nutes. A friend gifted us 10 Super Silver Haze seeds and 10 of a skunk/SSH cross. Over the last 36 hours 19 of our seeds have germinated; we'll probably be planting them tonight in their rockwool.

Hopefully only a couple more months til we're smoking our own stuff, wish us luck! :smoke:

PP

2. We've planted our seedlings and some of them have really taken off. Captain Kirk now has real leaves. We've encountered a couple problems though, the grow room is too hot at 90 degrees farenheit. We haven't installed an air conditioner yet, we're thinking about doing that. If anyone knows any cheaper ways to cool the room down, please let me know. We have two 50 CFM fans going which should be circulating the air once a minute each, but we don't have very good ventilation to the outside air since it's a closet. Does anyone have any suggestions to vent the closet without cutting holes in the walls? I also think we need some sort of CO2 system but definitely can't afford a tank, are there any cheap ways to produce CO2? I can't breathe on the plants all day but I've heard yeast and sugar in a bottle can raise CO2 levels, i was wondering if anyone knew how much? Down the road when we start flowering, we'll definitely have odor problems. Has anyone had success with an indoor air purifier to control odors? We were also thinking about making our own carbon filter.

10 more weeks!

PP