First Grow! Summer 2010!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Salguod, May 4, 2010.

1. HOLY SHITT :eek:

2. #42 Salguod, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010

What?

edit: I could use some help as to what's wrong with my plant. Sprayed neem oil. Something is eating the shit out of it. Should it be fine with just the neem oil? Also looks like a potassium deficiency, which may or may not be due to PH lockout? Can't test ph runoff cause its in the ground, but the water I'm giving has a ph of 7, so it should be ok.. Should I just give it some potassium heavy nutrients (flowering nutes) ?

3. id say at this points the clones are yours for the takeing

4. yeah pretty much. especially if its a lazy ass grower. still though idk...

but dude for the lst your just tying down the leaves. you need to die down the main growth man. do it easy though or els her stem may crack.

5. Yeah I realize this and have been planning to but have been preoccupied with the whole death thing on half of my plant lol.

edit: Also, there's no way I'm gonna grow 100 plants, might take a few but I'm more worried about my plant atm :(

6. if ya take a half dozen or more thats that many backups incase one dies

7. To start that many plants and then let them DIE :(

8. Ok so I took a few of those clones, here they are. Gave my plant some nutrients today, hopefully it will help :( Using neem oil too .

I also have a question about LST. I tied down today but it would only really stick (my soil is loose) if I tied them basically to the ground, the leafs are touching the ground in some spots. Ok?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LST;

[​IMG]

Only one of the main branches LST'd:

[​IMG]

Both main branches LST'd.. are the leaves too close to the ground?:

[​IMG]

9. You are worrying too much about LSTing i think. Tie it down once and let it grow. Also snatch some clones !!

10. the lst looks good but i dont like my leafs to touch the ground

11. Hey bro been following your thread. I don't know whats causing those leaves to die but you may have stressed the plant too much with the lst. Could be ph related but like I said I'm not sure. One thing I did notice is that you transplanted those clones really close to one another. In my experience each one of those clones is going to need the space you have all three in. They're just too crowded. they should be atleast 2-3 feet apart. Hope I've helped some and goodluck.

12. Ive been watching for a long time. I think your doing ok. I dont see anything wrong with your LST.

Im glad you snagged a few of those clones the guy ditched, I would grab enough to make your plot an even 10 plants. Those 3 you put in the ground are pretty close together , try to give them a foot space on all sides ! Ill be watching , good luck :wave:

13. So today was the first time I've been at my spot in a while. I kind of thought my plant would be dead, but everything went better than expected. My plant has seen quite a bit of growth and is considerably more bushy, and most (not all) of the yellowing is gone. Something is still eating the leaves even though I'm using Neem Oil. FUCK. Also, those 4 clones you saw pics of are no more. Rain must have drowned them cause they were under so much water I couldn't see them. One survived cause it was in a pot.

[​IMG]

What the fuck did this?
    [​IMG]

Mostly green, but still being munched on:

[​IMG]

The one surviving clone:

[​IMG]

14. Have you checked the spot where the 100 clones were, TBH I would have snatched as many as I could, no point and letting the cannabis go to waist, and to be tortured.

15. Yes I have, and as mentioned I took some. I'm not trying to get myself killed here. Besides, Its not like I would have anywhere to put his 100 plants.

16. THAT'S where I left my clones! Shit!

17. Not sure whats eating your plant, but the neem should help ! Could be slugs or caterpillars of some sort. Other than that looks great ! and the surviving clone looks really nice, make sure the weather is going be good and find a spot in the ground for it !

Ill be staying tuned !

18. #58 Salguod, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    Seems like every time I go to my plant I expect it to be dead, but am (so far) pleasantly surprised. The lower leafs are still getting eaten, but the higher leaves all appear to be intact. What kind of insect only attacks lower leaves? Anyways, still using neem and also got a general (non toxic) insecticide that I started using today, so that will hopefully help.

As you can see, the main stem is really bent as a result of my half assed LST (I was more worried about it surviving). Its really curvy and I don't think it would be worth it to bend it back now. So gonna stop LST and just let it grow pretty much, but continue topping, which I did some of today.

This plant smells sooo good. I would have sex with it 100x over if I could.
    Also, the nutrients have appeared to pretty much solved my yellowing problem! :) :smoking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Lookin good, Spray those bottom leaves with some neem, whatever is eating them shouldn't like it much !

Good update

PS: any news on the other guys pathetic pile of abandoned clones?

20. Thanks man! I went by there the other day, most are now dead. A few are gone, maybe some one else stole them or he finally decided to plant them somewhere else. One tray was actually turned upside down, shit everywhere.