First Grow! Summer 2010!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Salguod, May 4, 2010.

1. #1 Salguod, May 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    This is my first grow, any comments/advice/encouragement are appreciated!

This will be an outdoor grow in a few weeks when my plants are healthy and strong enough to go outside. For now, they are in a old PC grow box. Pics are attached, This is an old Dell box, took me hours to hack all the shit out of it.

Anyways, I germinated two feminized Indian indicas on April 28th. The soil is just some organic potting mix I found in my garage, nothing special although I will probably mix something better when I put them outside. Got a few CFLs running on them in the box.. figured I can get away with only 2/3 of them because the plants are young? The strain is a Hindu Kush x another Indian indica and is good for my purposes as it supposed to be strong and vigorous outdoors as well as maturing early meaning I can harvest before school in the fall.

I'm also planning on germinating a white widow x blueberry (not feminized) seed I got a hold of especially if my one kush plant is already dead!

Yeah that's right, I've already run into trouble... One of my CFLs fell on my plant last night and burned it BAD. I watered it and put it in the by the window... pic is attached, what should I do!? (besides secure my cfls better).. fuck

Edit: Sorry for questionable quality of pics, but hope you can see my one plant is fucking DEMO'd - Also uploaded a pic of the pc tower with the case put back on.. semi suspicious, should work for a few weeks tho

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Clever set up. I don't have any specific advice but I wish you luck. :D

3. the second one is probably going to die. the first one is stretching, move it a little closer to the light. you should probably get some better soil too, add some perlite or vermiculite too it to make it more airy. right now you have a 50/50 chance of getting a female so i wouldnt invest too much. also if you have to go back to school an outdoor grow might now be worth it at all because you are probably going to have to chop your plants down before they are done flowering

4. Thanks - Sucks about the dying one.. goddamn. Didn't realize the second one was stretching as it was pretty close to the light so I got out the ruler and made it exactly two inches.

And they're feminized as i mentioned so I'd hope there's more than 50/50 chance;)

5. oh shit i read that but i must of forgot or something, my bad. then you are good to go with one girl hopefully. the plant looks like it reached the light but it just stretched up there, so that stem can become a problem. when you transplant i would bury the stem in the ground a little bit so it becomes a root and there will be less stress. good luck. watch out for the high temps in the case too

6. Yeah no kidding this case is getting hot as shit.. not much i feel i can do about it..

More importantly, how long can one plant last with only two CFLs before growth is stunted? I know its supposed to be 4 per plant, but it will only be inside for a few weeks, is 2 enough for that?

Healthy plant coming nicely, pics tomorrow

7. #7 Salguod, May 6, 2010
    My blue widow seed (non fem'd) is germinating, and I'm questioning germinating my last kush seed I still have...

My one healthy plant is looking great after a watering today, here she is:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. yea you should be alright for a couple weeks, you just wont get vigorous growth probably.

9. I think this grow will be salgoud.

10. #10 Salguod, May 10, 2010

Undoubtedly

Rapid growth in the past few days!

Here are some pics from today !! I'll be using a much better camera starting tomorrow.

They are all of the same plant (I only have one plant atm). There's a good shot of the PC opening up.

I'm about to water, and thinking of transplanting soon - not because it is outgrowing the cup, but because the cup is paper , not plastic, and is soggy as shit. I'm an idiot.

Also got the fan blowing on it when possible to try and build up some strength

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. #11 Salguod, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Few new pics .... ALOT of growth in just one day (the pics in the post above this were yesterday)

As you can see I transplanted into a good pot. Originally I just did this because the cup I had it in originally was paper and real soggy, but when I was transplanting I noticed that its root growth was already about the max for that cup. So I'm glad I did it. Happy with it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Took some new pics, As you can tell this camera is MUCH better.

My Blue Widow seed never germinated in the paper towel, so I'm just keeping it. I planted my last kush seed in the same soil. Pics when it sprouts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Thinking about starting to train this plant soon.. or when I should?

[​IMG]

14. #14 mobluntz, May 13, 2010
  15. #15 Salguod, May 13, 2010
    Thanks a lot!

Gonna start LST tomorrow. I just topped my plant. Look at the last picture, does this look done correctly? Judging by other pictures on here, I think it was ready.

[​IMG]

Here's the part I pinched off.

[​IMG]

16. looks good to me!

17. What a beautiful green. Consider me sub'd, I am working on my first grow as we speak (a little late I know, but nothing wrong with some summer grow experiments) :cool:

18. Haha good to have you here, don't feel late - I've still got a seed yet to sprout myself.

19. After topping my plant last night, it looks (to me) that it worked, really fast. Here's a pic of this morning, looks like there were two new plant growths instead of one and they are big already! Compare to the last pic on the 1st page..

[​IMG]

20. #20 Salguod, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    I watered today, and LST'd my plant a few days ago, here are some pics. I think it went okay, but it seems like there's a lot of new growth under there and it might be struggling? This pot is too small to LST in, planning to move my plant outdoors, tomorrow. .. temps are like 60's.. :S

So my other Hindu Kush seed I planted a few days ago sprouted, and for fuck's sake a light fell on it. This is the second time this grow that a light fell and killed a seedling. The light was pretty sturdy in there too, FUCK. There's a pic of the seedling now, still got it under light, hoping it may recover..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?