First Grow - Stealth PC - CFL - Chocolope

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by EricTheRed760, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hey GC community. First post here. I've only been a member for a few weeks, but I've already been inspired to start my first grow. It will be a simple stealth PC grow under 3 23w CFL's. I've got two Chocolope seeds that have already popped and been planted into some basic Miracle Grow potting soil.

DSC_3154.jpg

After this trial run, I'm going to be mixing up some organic soil, so I can basically run with water only. Let me know what you guys and gals think so far.

2. #2 refermadness420, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    okay first off your plants will likely die because of the MG soil it has way to many nutes for a young plant and often MG never works well for growing cannabis. Secondly you need more light you need 100per plant and 50 extra for every other plant. Do you have any ventilation? you need some sort of intake and out take fan system at bare minimum you have to cool your lights your temps must never go above 86 f. Are you growing Autoflowering or photo? What strain are you growing? We need info mate check out my first grow. http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1017574-micro-grow-gun-safe-first-grow-need-help.html

3. three 23 watt is plenty

4. Yeah, I wasn't too excited about the MG either, but it was all I had laying around. As for ventilation, yes, I have two PC fans wired to a 12v adapter with light traps (the two black parts in the box). You can feel the air being pushed/pulled in through the intake, so temps are mid 80's. The strain is a bag seed from a local dispensary which they said was Chocolope.

5. wow your grow is just like mine.. i just started my PC grow recently too.

Subbed, look in my sig for mine.

6. subbed, looks like how I started out as well..

make sure to keep em close to the lights when they sprout so they don't stretch. :)

7. [quote name='"Bongsauce"']subbed, looks like how I started out as well..

make sure to keep em close to the lights when they sprout so they don't stretch. :)[/quote]

I've actually flipped the container over, so now they're right next to it.

8. Just a small update. Both seeds have broken the surface, but are still growing pretty slowly. I'm hoping they will have pretty beefy roots with how long they're taking. I'll post some pictures a bit later tonight (although there still isn't much to see).

9. Well, there's two seeds down the drain... Checked on my sprouts this morning and they had mold growing. I'm going to start germinating two more tonight...

10. I'm worried you won't have room for 2 plants to grow inside of that box. Yours is about half the space of mine it seems and I'm having trouble fitting one in each pc.

Can't wait to see how you do! I will be watching!

11. [quote name='"Billa"']I'm worried you won't have room for 2 plants to grow inside of that box. Yours is about half the space of mine it seems and I'm having trouble fitting one in each pc.

Can't wait to see how you do! I will be watching![/quote]

Billa, I'm actually only going to grow one, I'm just starting with two seeds to improve my chances. I'm also going to LST like MrBear2point8, once I can actually get a seed to sprout that is....

12. Why dont you just germinate one at time? If you germ two at a time you run the chances of having two perfectly good seedlings, and as you only have room for one of them you must either run another rig or kill one of them:(

13. or let them both grow, and move one outside when they get bigger :cool:

14. [quote name='"SkysDaLimit420"']
    or let them both grow, and move one outside when they get bigger :cool:[/quote]

His is a stealth box, I assumed outside wasn't an option. OP?

15. [quote name='"Insightful Eyes"']

His is a stealth box, I assumed outside wasn't an option. OP?[/quote]

Right. I actually don't have a yard to grow it in.

16. [quote name='"Insightful Eyes"']

Why dont you just germinate one at time? If you germ two at a time you run the chances of having two perfectly good seedlings, and as you only have room for one of them you must either run another rig or kill one of them:([/quote]

I don't mind letting go of one, seeing as how these are just bag seeds. Now if I had purchased them from a seed bank, I'd only be doing one at a time.

17. Well, today makes Day 1! Finally got a nice litttle sprout. the leaves haven't made it out of the seed case yet, but it's above ground so Im counting it. I'll take some pictures and post them up after work today.

18. cool congratz :) sometimes if my seed shells are being stubborn I keep it lightly misted to keep the shell soft so it breaks free easier.

19. Aaaaaaand... It died again... I think I need to wait and get some good soil... I'll be back guys...

20. wow that really sucks.