First grow - stealth in a Crawlspace!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by suburban_cowboy, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Hello all. I am an absolute beginner at growing, but I am experienced in construction.

I wanted to be as stealthy as possible, so I decided - grow in the crawlspace! Not a basement, just a crawlspace. But it turned out to be quite a large undertaking.

First, I had to dig several feet down by hand. The grown room measures 7 by 10 feet, and 7.5 feet tall. I didn't figure the math, but it was months of digging by hand and left an absolutely huge mound of dirt.

Next, I bought over 100 bags of ready mix concrete bags to make a level and sturdy floor. I had no mixer, so I mixed them in rubbermaid containers by hand.

The sides are made of treated 4x4's and 3/4" thick treated plywood. Heres a pic.

[​IMG]

And heres the secret entrance to the home above.

[​IMG]

It was alot of work, but I think it's about as stealthy as I could build. It cost several thousand dollars and months of work, but soon I should be growing some great plants.

2. oh shit man.. that's cool as hell! gl with the buds!

3. Enough of the room, time to get growing!

I'm on Day 5.

There are five seeds of Blue Mystic (#1-#5) and five of Northern Lights (#6-#10.) All now have 1 inch sprouts except for #8 and #9, and they were also the slowest to grow a taproot.

[​IMG]

This is a closeup of what they look like. I just now lowered the lights from 14 to 4 inches, because I believe they may be stretching for light?

[​IMG]

They are planted in ph-adjusted rockwool under fluorescent lights.

Any suggestions for a first time newbie?

4. I want to see more of that room! Whats it like on the inside? How are you growing those lovely lil sprouts?

5. dont have the rockwool exposed to lights put them in pots n cover with soil ive herd rockwool will rot wen wet and exposed to lights

6. i wanna see more of the grow room howd u get power down there. what cost so much money that it cost several thousand dollars?

7. I know that 60lbs bags of ready mix are $4 a pop and he bought over 100 of them.. Dude this is cool as f*ck. Now you can easily dissipate your heat from your chamber into the earth, via ducting... damn near reducing your whole IR signature, I would think. It's like Ft . Knoxx under there!

8. I agree i would like to see more of the room, and is the trap door just on a room floor? how would you cover up the trap door? even if it gets carpeted you will have a little gap im very intrested in the room till the plants get movin along

9. pics of grow room please sounds awesome. what did you do with all the dirt. whats type of lighting are you use ing? how are you venting it i saw your exhuast tubes what type of inlane fan you got

10. Oh, ok. I see the hinges on the stealth door now, barley though. lol
    When it gets carpeted I don't see where it would have a gap. If the sub-floor door is flush and if the carpet is one piece,(whole size of the room), I would think he'd be ok. You can quickly tuck the carpet in the corner back under the trim and onto the tacs with your foot and hands in seconds too.

I assumed the black ducting in the crawlspace was the homes central AC, but I guess it's coming from the safe and out the side vents. We need more chamber pics, you got plumbing in there too?

11. This is amazing- all your hard work is going to be a hefty pay off.

:bongin: