First Grow - STEALTH Closet - 400w HPS/MH

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DrFelterpus, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Let me know what you think, open to any and all suggestions. This will be my first grow. I have two bagseeds already germinated in solo cups, but also waiting on my dank fems from SoS. Should be here in the next few days I hope.

SETUP:
    Secret Jardin DarkRoom II Pro 60 - 24 x 24 x 64 Inches- Grow Tent
    iPower 400w HPS/MH w/ Dimmable Ballast
    4" VenTech Inline Exhaust Fan Blower
    SE Electronic Stepless Controller
    AcuRite Humidity/Temperature monitor
    4" - 25ft. of Hydrofarm non-insulated ducting

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, Fox Farm Happy Frog soil
    Nutes: Sensi Grow & Bloom A+B, Big Bud, Bud Candy, B-52

** Buying another 4" VenTech Incline Fan w/ Carbon Filter after flowering begins"

Any advice as to setting up my tent, extra supplies I need, nutes, ventilation for my closet, etc. Thank you

I was hoping to maybe meet a mentor that would take me under his/her wing, so if anyone is interested let me know!

2. Sounds like you got all the materials just need to set it up and show us! I've read your exhaust should be up top because heat rises(captain obvious) just throwing that out there ive noticed a lot of people seem to fuck that up.

3. Thank you sir and just waiting on the tent and pics will be taken!! :)

4. I am growing now... have a couple bag seedlings under the MH 400w in my closet. No tent set up yet, waiting for it in the mail. No heat problems yet since it is so open, but been running an oscillating fan and a huge box fan in my closet. My 4" inline will be in this week, along with the tent, nutrients, FFOF & FFHF, air ducts, etc. I will order another 4" soon and probably a carbon filter right before flowering.

Here is a couple pics with my shitty ass camera on my old phone.. but hey I tried haha

-This fella' right here has whorled phyllotaxy. Read it on another thread here on RIU.
    [​IMG]
    "When you get one of these, keep it in veg as long as possible to get the biggest harvest. The 3 leaf trait disappears as soon as you go to flowering! Just like the normal plants, as soon as "puberty" hits, the paired (or tripled) leafed stems stretch and the leaves no longer have partners. By harvest, the only way you can tell a plant had whorled phylotaxy, is to look at the bottom of the plant! But extra branches mean extra buds, even if most are smaller ones at the bottom of the plant."

Here is another bag seed I just germinated yesterday and she is rocking the socks off the mutated seedling.
    [​IMG]
    I feel like she is stretching maybe?? how do I stop that?

Suggestions or anything?

5. Get the tent up asap you lose light on the sides. And move the light as close as it's safe look for a guide on hid lighting placement i have 0 experience with them so i can't say
    oh and i like the little mutant i heard they grow in threes all the way to flower

6. Yeah I know... If the mail would hurry up then I would have it up :p

I have it about 6" away from the tops of my plants, It doesn't feel hot when I put my hand underneath and no signs of overheating.

Grow in threes would be quite hilarious but worried it may hermie...

7. This is the setup I want to do (if it is correct). Can someone help me out with the logistics of venting out my tent.
    [​IMG]