First Grow Sprouts Too Small?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MJCGrower, Nov 28, 2012.

1. #1 MJCGrower, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    Hi,
    I'm starting My first grow with three automatic plants. I'm happy that all three of them germinated properly, but I am a little worried about their growth. Today is the 12th day from germination and I feel like they are a little short. I am growing auto bubble, auto white widow, and auto oil. I have them under 2 42 watt CFL's. One 2500 K and one 6500 K. I also have 3 more 42 watt cfls running below the plants for warmth.

The bubble also started to tip and fall over early so I re buried it and added more dirt around the stem. They're in a cheap potting pix I bought.

image Image View - img.im

Auto Bubble

White Widow Auto

Auto Oil

2. I would put all the lights on top as close as they can stand it don't want to burn them but they are growing a little slow. What kinda soil did u use? Don't get discouraged though your using cfl they won't grow a giant post really you need more light! T5 cfl led anything as long as its full spectrum.

3. Mine are pretty short, but have a lot of growth, check out my grow journal (In my sig). Like pg08 said, don't get discouraged, give it time.

4. how often are you watering? i bet you're over watering. when you replanted how did the roots look? you're going to need bigger pots real soon.

5. #5 pg08, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012
    wait for droop to water keeps root rot away!3-4 days normally

6. your not overwatering. that soil looks fine, and not bogged down. when you do water though, make sure its thoroughly soaked and drains a bit. then let it dry out almost completely (might take a few days)

sprouts look good so far dude.

7. [quote name='"pg08"']

Yes he will wait for droop to water keeps root rot away!3-4 days normally[/quote]

if you wait for them to droop then you're waiting too long. waiting for droop should only be done once to know how many days it takes for that to happen and then you're suppose to water the day before they droop. also that is a technique best for mature plants over 1 month old. the correct way to know when to water is by weight. you should be able to pick them up and know if its time to water. the plants look fine but growth may be slightly stunted due to over or under watering.

8. [quote name='"Greentrails"']your not overwatering. that soil looks fine, and not bogged down. when you do water though, make sure its thoroughly soaked and drains a bit. then let it dry out almost completely (might take a few days)

sprouts look good so far dude.[/quote]

you can't tell if a plant is over or under watered by just looking at the top soil unless its an extreme case especially since the op didn't say how long ago they had been watered when the pics were taken

9. A) soil looks good and isnt waterlogged (pics)

b) sprouts are looking good so far, overwatering would kill em quick.

its my educated guess if you wanna get technical.

10. #10 MJCGrower, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
    I put them into a grow cupboard and mounted the lights. I have 3 42 watt and 3 26 watt cfls running directly above the Plants in the 2 ft by 1 ft cupboard lined with aluminum foil. They started to really pick up since I put them in there and started giving them more water. This is them at 3 weeks.

Auto Oil
    [​IMG]

Auto White Widow
    [​IMG]

Auto Bubble
    [​IMG]

I just bought Gen. hydroponics Flora Bloom and Flora micro And I'm going to start them on that today. I'm going to mix them and use the Lucas formula at 5 and 10.

The only issue I have is on my bubble plant It seems like Stem is growing out of the soil and there is a root at the bottom. Should I just keep covering it up with more soil? Here's a picture
    [​IMG].

I really appreciate the help guys.

11. Does anybody know why my stem is growing like this? Thanks.