First grow sprouted !

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wkwookid, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Ok, so I got miracle gro with nutes in my pot, germinated the seeds and planted them about 2 days ago and now this is what I have. Right now im using a 75WATT light output for it and ill use my cfl once it gets a bit bigger. So my question is at this stage how am i looking so far! should i wait a bit longer to start givin it some water?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wait, what light do you have on it now? you said 75W, is that cfl?
    I like to keep the soil quite moist when they're only sprouting, maybe just mist around the sprout to keep the top layer of soil wet

3. umm the 75WATT output light is a flourecent light, Im just waiting for it to grow a bit bigger to add my 100WATT cfl.

Should I mist the plant and its area or just mist the plants area without getting water on the plant? For instance just take a spray bottle and spray where its sprouting or spray the plant and its sprouting area?

4. ok as long as it's not incandescent or anything that'll burn them.
    As for the misting, just around the base of the sprout, you want it to be good and moist in these early stages. Spraying the plant itself shouldnt do much harm but I would avoid it just in case

5. yeah, i know what you mean about those lights. But i just misted it with some aquatopia h2o water so that should be goooooooooood. Also will NATS fuck my shit up? Ive notived like 3 all of a sudden out of no where in my closet. They're always on the soil, and also ive been killing them just incase.

6. Not sure about that, never had much of a pest problem myself. I'd have a look online for common pests/insects. I had a few small flies trying their luck around my plants, just had to pick a few corpses off those sticky buds lol

7. haha nice, thanks man. Look out for me ima post up some more pictures once my plant gets somewhere. This is my first so ima need lots of guidelines. Although i read all those guides about growing including the grandpa guide im gonna still need pointers.

8. A lot of people on these forums seem to hate pretty hard on miracle grow with time release nutes, saying it can burn your plants. I wouldn't do anyhting about it now but maybe in a week or so when you have a few more leaf sets transplant to soil without teh time release nutes.

9. Why are you waiting to put your 100 watt light on the sprout?

It needs light. TBO...a single 100 watt CFL isn't gonna be ample lighting. A 400 watt MH light would be much better if you want to buds of any size & density.

If you can't get a HID light, put as many CFL's in the room as you can & put them as close to the plant without burning the leaves..

As far as watering is concerned, just make sure the top couple inches is moist, not wet, & do not water again until the top begins to dry out.

Also, put a fan on the sprout. Adding some wind will cause microscopic tears in the stem & make it grow bigger & stronger.

10. Ok maybe I should change the soil after a few leaves come in as so ive heard the same with the nutes time release. Also i still need to buy more cfls today and a oscillating fan is also coming with me.

heres where im at now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

room temp to hot?

11. That temp is fine. Just as long as you get that fan and extra lighting on it, all will be well.:hello:

12. I've used a fan just once. And the plant it was blowing on died overnight. It was a very young plant and I think it lost a lot of water due to transpiration (evapotranspiration? :S)
    I know people recommend it for stonger stems, but your plant should be able to support itself.

13. Well don't put it so close that it is like a mini tornado. Just a small breeze will do the trick. Also make sure that your soil is adequately moist. You can water enough so that even a fan on it will not deprive the seedling of any vital moisture.

14. actually, that is the hottests you want to go, if you get up to 90, plants die, but you will see much higher yeilds if you keep the room between 72-78

15. Okay heres what i got so far, its been about a week so far since sprout. Also is my pot to small? hopefully it wont stunt the growth of the plant?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. you gotta lower that temp, dont let it get into the 80's at all

17. So this would be to hot? Maybe when I put the fan in it should take it down a couple. Also what should I soak my rockwool in before I use it for my hydro kit? Temp shows 82 degrees, should be in the 70's, 75 right?

[​IMG]

18. yeah 70-75 is perfect. Anything in the seventies is fine, jsut try to stay outta the 80's.

also Soak your rockwool for 24 hours in around 5.5 ph'ed water. Some people put nutes in the water while they soak, but I think its safer to just put clean regular water in a bucket, ph it, and then soak for 24hrs

19. Aite so i took the temp down a lot so now its on a steady 70-75 and humidity of around 35-40 percent. Question is should I move the light back a bit or should i wait a bit longer? Also ive been watering the sprouted spot about once every two days (or when its real dry yo u can say) Another is when should i start my 12/12 stage or 24/0 stage? Heard it was when its 8'' to 1'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. okay. lookin good. that light cna stay where it is, you can even move it closer. its a cfl right? those lights can be touching the plant if you want, its almost impossible to burn your plant with them.

start your 12/12 whenever you want to. once you start it, your plant will double in height from the height it is at when you whitch over. so it all depends how tall you want your plant. also check out LST while your plant is still young and small. it will increase your overall yeild.

also on your temp guage, am i seeing this correctly? High temp of 83, low temp of 64? not a HUGE deal, but 20 degree fluctuations are not great for your plant. that much of a difference will stress it out and decrease your overall yeild for sure. again, not the worst thing that could happen to your plant, just not ideal.