First grow, space and setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Dr.Anton, May 4, 2015.

1. Hi, first poster here :)

I have built a 1m x 0.6m x 1.6 grow box with a 1m x 0.6m x 0.5m section on top.
    Top section is for mother and sticklings.

I'm thinking about running 400w hps in the flower chamber with a good reflector and keeping it simple.
    Maybe 600w is better if the heat does not get to bad?

Main concern is noise.
    I have some space to use outside the box if that helps.
    I guess the most silent would be to keep everything inside the grow box?
    Would there be anything gained by building a seperate box for the fan and filter?

Would a sog vs scrog be best for me in my space and setup?
    It would be nice to not have to long times between harvets.

400watts should be plenty.  You'll need a 4" fan to cool it and all of them that I know of are atleast loud enough that you would hear them in the same room but your neighbors or people on different floors would not be bothered.  There are people out there who claim to have build "sound proof" boxes for their fans but i've never actually tried one.  Plenty of how to's available though.  I've had and even now have some fans in my tents some are outside it makes no difference except for space.  As far as your setup i would recommend SOG.  If you can grow mothers, clones and have a bloom room that will give you the largest harvest with the minimum time between harvest.  If you do Scrog, you will have to clone your plants, wait til you harvest, veg them to fill the net, then bloom.  While harvests are usually larger with SCROG you get more harvests with SOG.

3. Thank you so much for the reply!
    Very helpfull.

4. Dr,

Do you have any sort of stealth that you need to maintain? Do you have your mind set on HPS lightening? I have a cabinet I built that is .9x.6x1.04(36"x24"x41") so it's close to your size. I have a 4" HV fan taking care of air exchange and heat removal. The only difference is I am using a 300w LED. I only have to run the fan at 50% to keep temps down. My fan and carbon filter are all mounted inside of my cabinet and you can only hear it at night time when the entire house is quite. With HPS you would have to run a fan at full power I would think and it's going to be hard to cover the sound up. A Mars Hydro 300w or 400w old style would really be great for your size box and be much less heat.

Attached Files: