First grow. Some general questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cma112087, Oct 12, 2006.

1. My friend gave me some seeds from his sack, which btw, was not really all that high of quality bud. This particular sack ran at about 30 dollars for an 1/8, so you have a general idea. Now, i guess my first big question is; what exactly am i going to expect if i successfully grow this plant? Will the plant i grow come out the same as the weed my friend had? Or could i expect a better product of that?

I have no knowledge of where the marijuana came from, or how it was grown, but its pretty dense, a decent shade of green, with not many seeds. (14 grams ~ 10 seeds, planted 2, 1 grew)

My growing conditions right now are indoor, using real sunlight for some of the day, and a bulb for some of the day. I dont know exactly what stage it is in, but i can say that its about 4-5 inches tall, and it has two normal leafs on the top, with two marijuana looking leaves on the sides. I plan to take care of it, but being a first time grower, i just dont want my expectations to be set much higher than i am thinking. I know im not going to get northern lights or anything, but what do you guys think its potential is?

2. your going to need proper lighting or its all going to be for nothing. However, if you do it right you can expect it to be as good or better than the bud it came from as a lot of commercial growers don't care for the plant the way you will. Picts would be helpful, however, your description already tells me that your plant is streching and has a small diameter stalk, right. That is due to the light. Get a hps with a conversion bulb or a bunch of flouros.

3. jsut osemthing to take into consideration:

are u only growing one plant form bagseed? id like to point out that, there is only around a 50 percent chance of it being female, and that can change significantly depending on how wel lyou care for it. its going to take i believe around 3-4 weeks minimum with adequate lighting to determine sex ,so your talking a month of work for something that could potential be nothing. dont grow any more untill you do what chimera said though.

4. If you do get more light as stated above to stop the stretching, and the plant is female, you could get significantly better bud than what you smoked mainly cause there won't be any seeds forming which takes away alot of the potency and effect.

5. Alright guys, i kindof lied. Heres the real situation. Everything i told you guys was true, except the plant is not at my house. I gave my friend a few seeds, and he planted them. He has been growing it in a little pot (about 3 inches diameter), with some really decent potting soil (his moms for other indoor plants she grows). He waters it daily i think. But i have heard that you can grow in a windowsill. This isnt a windowsill. Its hard to explain, but like most of the back of his house is a bunch of huge windows (hes rich), and all the plants sit by the windows. The sun rises and until it goes over the house (after about 8 hours) the plant has natural sunlight, plus the heat from the sun coming through the window. Its kindof in his family room, and people are always up late, with lights and plasma screen TV on. So i dont know exactly. I smoke alot. Ive been smoking since i was 13 (18 now), but never tried to really grow it. Even the ''noobs'' on this board still seem to know some entry level growing shit, whereas i know just about nothing, other than water, miracle grow, and light cycles. I have been reading up and find myself to be much more educated since reading up. But if it isnt a hassle, could you guys show me pictures of like single light bulbs that i could use to grow, and maybe an ideal pot size to grow in.

I myself took about 8 seeds last night and began to germinate them, and plan on growing at least 1, maybe 2. I plan on taking care of my plant, (im not going to sing for it or anything) but i would also like to know basically the minimum i can do for it, for it to come out with buds on it. I read around and it seemed like alot of sites were saying you could plant it in your flowerbed and it would come out. I dont know what to believe realistically, because i havent grown yet, but the reason i ask about the minimum to do for the plant is mainly for my friend. Im not sure exactly how well he plans on taking care of it. Lol it was his step dads idea to plant it in his moms planter.

Anyways, thanks for the replies already, and im expecting a few more.:smoking:

6. Oh yeah, btw, my friend has also been looking up on this stuff, and he said that he was looking at pics of plants in the early stages, and his looks similar. Supposedly he said he read about the ''stretching'', and i also did mention to him that without alot of sunlight, it is possible for it to grow too tall, and fall over, die, or like you guys stated with the ''stretching''.

And i dont think i mentioned how long ago we planted the seeds. It was well over a week ago, so i would venture to say that the plant is about 2 weeks old.

Ill keep you guys updated on his plant, but its not as important as mine will be. When i get mine sprouted in a flower pot, i will let you guys know.