First Grow, Slow Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ghostbustaar, May 27, 2014.

1. Hey guys. This is my first grow and I have a couple questions.

So i planted this fem White widdow. Started it inside. Broke ground about 2 month ago and i have alternated between inside and outside due to night temp (gotta love Canada). But she is taking her tiiiiiiiime.
    The second set of leaves just got out and cotyledon are starting to die. The plant is so small, look healty to me but so tiny.
    I followed the soil mix recepies and read i lots of threads i found here on the forum. I am gooing organic.

The first leaves are about 1inches and she's about 3 inches tall. I dont know if you can see the base of the plant (where it goes into the soil) but it look kind of brown. Is this normal?

Sorry, my english may not be perfect, not my first language.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. What soil recipe did you follow...what did you mix in it and at what ratios? How often are you watering? Doesn't look like it has any perlite or anything for aeration. Drastic temperature changes can slow growth. But would like to know about your soil mix.

3. #3 snoopdog6502, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
    just start new seeds if the plant makes it call it "Super plant"

4. #4 hammerhead777, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
    What kind of soil are you using? Since it is your first grow, I think you'd be better off just using soil that is already mixed, like Fox Farms. Cold can stunt growth and I think it might be a little bit too late to plant outdoors in Canada. Seedlings are really sensitive, maybe you'd be better off buying a grow tent and growing inside? Some plants just grow really slowly, like this one here http://i.imgur.com/5FJDpnt.png that small one (Lemon Thai Kush) is over a month old and is still small and it received the exact same treatment as the other 3 (same soil mix, same everything). They aren't the same age obviously but by the time they were the same age as the little one, they were so much bigger. 

Your plant looks a little stretched, make sure it is getting good amounts of light and don't overwater or under water.

5. I dont remember the brand of the soil but i made sure it had all the good thing in it. I added a good part of vermiculite and blood/bone meal. Maybe i should had put more "air" in the mix tho. I read on the forum that the coco stuff was good.
    As for watering i do it as soon the first cm on the first soil layer get dry.
    She's always in full sun or behind a window that get full sun exposure all day. Like today ill keep her inside since the temp will max at 15 celcius.

Maybe its the temp that is the problem or she's just slow. Anyway, she's picked a better rhythm.
    Maybe the cold had paralysed her groth.

Thanks for the input guys.

6. Sorry for the double post. But i'm also planning the repoting. This time I puted way more "air" in the mix. Also the soil was maybe too hot so i prepared this one 3 weeks ago and watered the mix a few time. Also turned the mix around a few time. I'm planning the repoting for this week end.

The new pot is 12inches deep/diameter vs 4 inches right now.

Any good advices? Thanks you guys.