first grow since 1998

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Puffaday, Mar 18, 2013.

1. hi all after careful consideration I decided to go with auto flowering seeds, nirvana northern lights auto and k O from cream of the crop. both are recommended as easy growers high yealders and quite high in thc levels and as i haven't grown for a long time i thought these strains would suit me fine.i'm only growing 1 of each and three of my most trusted and closest friends are gonna grow 1 of each too,so all in all there will be four of us growing the same strains (1 of each) under different circumstances so this journal could get very interesting indeed.my set up is the simplest set up you can get really, a safe grow area, seed, soil, pot, light, water that's it.
    The seeds were purchased 10 in all from London seed centre an actual shop where you ask a guy face to face have you any seeds lol:) no waiting about for them in the post (are they here yet are they here yet)no credit card over internet to get scammed and you get exactly what you ask for there and then simples! the soil I'm using was recommended by an old grow mate its called bio bizz all mix it has all the nutrients needed in it to give your plants the best chance so I'm led to believe.i used fisons f2 years ago but couldn't find it.anyway i added a bit extra purlite to the bio bizz just as personal preference

2. if you want to purchase this soil try grow well hydroponics shop i got it over the counter very helpful and friendly they stock all you need. I'll be using fluorescent tubes throughout the grow stage but will go on about that later.OK DAY1 i have scrubbed the area where I'm growing(under the staircase)(its bright enough as you will see from the pics) (soon come) and set up the starter light I put the seeds in to germinate yesterday so fingers crossed any min now they should sprout.im gonna soak the soil and retest the ph levels shortly by then i hope to have a seed ready fingers crossed here goes.

3. ok 19.45 this eve n.l.went into soil no sign of k.o. yet (patience puffa) lol. i planted it in v.moist soil about a cm deep white bit facing down and gently covered it with a little soil.i watered sparingly.the lamp is 2 inches above the soil as to not promote stretching of the delicate little thing in its early stage.i would call the next stage rooting! until i see green then its gotta be doing things underground right?

4. at 16:45 today the k o cream of the crop seed opened i put it into soil so she's less than 24 hours behind the northern lights auto,i believe flowering time for these two are roughly the same. i shall now officially call this day 1 of the grow:after just under 48hrs in a shot glass of kettle water(room temp)covered with a cup to keep out the light and kept in a warm place(the grow area) the northern lights auto from nirvana seeds came to life it went straight into bio bizz allmix from gowell.twenty hours after the k o cream of the crop seed split and was treated in the same way as the n.l.

5. the pots are nice and moist,the cfl is 2 inches above the soil,this will prevent the seedling from stretching for the light in the early stage.

6. my friend who germinated at the same time is also at the same stage as me the other 2 guys are yet to pick up their seeds.we will get pic's for you asap.