First Grow Since ‘Nam - Stealth, Ebb & Flow, SCROG, & A Good Time

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by PoonDaddy30, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Hey All,
    Just got back home from a few days off on a business trip. The babies appear to have survived just fine on their own. I got a little carried away topping before I left on the SC and Cheese that have both since recovered quite well. I ended up topping then topping the new growth on both which I was a little nervous about. At this point both are showing new growth on their second tops and the rest or their chutes have had a chance to catch up. BW is still lagging behind, however, appears very healthy. I’m hoping to see some movement on her soon. Excited to finally have SC in the SCROG so I can really start the manipulation.

PPM is in the 550-600 range. I’ll do another reservoir clean out late this weekend and might bump them up a bit more. I did pickup some Cal/Mag to supplement into the General line up I’m using. PH has been holding steady between 5.8-5.9. At this point I’m starting to pull together ideas on how I want to setup my veg tent. I have some worries about running a second light with the extra heat in the room. Still considering my options.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. My apologies but the app is only allowing me to upload one picture per post for some reason..[​IMG]

3. I see some discoloration of the leaves. May be the light too.
    Keep on squishing em' and thread those long limbs through the scrog.
    How high it the scrog?
    What is your PPM readings now?
    What is you PH now?
    How long has it been since a complete water change?

4. Hey buddy, so I used some neem oil spray that puts a white blotchiness on some of the leaves. But I do see some brown dots on some of the older fan leaves. The scrog is 8” above the grow medium. PPM is currently 575, PH has been checked daily and has been maintained at 5.8-5.9. Last reservoir change was 4/2 and I’ll be changing it again tonight. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hey All, just a small update today. I reworked my room last night (no pictures of it) where I’m now exhausting out of the home whereas before it was being circulated into the finished side of the basement. Humidity was getting too high, there was a slight dank smell in the air, and my room temps were constantly at ~80. I was able to dial back my inline fan with this so there there is only a slight sound of a fan in the basement. Going forward I’d still like to insulate the room a little better to completely eliminate the noise but it’d likely be just after a harvest so I could remove the flood tray. With the changes the room is holding a consistent 77-78 which I’m happy with. I’ve continued to LST training, selective pruning, and topping. The SC is now fully living in the SCROG. Cheese now has it double tops up in the SCROG and the remainder of the growth is being stretched out by LST pulls. BW is still lagging behind but I think it’s on the verge of an explosion with its currently manipulated setup. I’m about to leave town for a few days so I’ll be excited to see how they progress. I’m still having issues posting multiple pictures in one post off my phone so my apologies for the multiple posts about to come.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Huh, I thought it was weed....
    Another week and hitting 12/12?

7. The way they’ve been blowing up I’m almost scared to go a full week. I need to finish my veg hydro system ASAP. I have the plumbing/pump, just need to finalize how I want it all to come together. I don’t believe I worked it into the journal but for about 2 weeks I was running 2 inline fans with 1 solely dedicated to lights and the other to the carbon filter (they’re super stinky already). Temps and air quality isn’t what I liked so I went with the exterior exhaust and light cooling all off 1 fan and I’m liking the output. My plan now is to dedicate the other inline I bought ($65 cheap rig) to the veg tent which I’m thinking will be 10x better then the case fan plan I was running with.

The SC and Cheese strains I ended up with I’ll say are wonderful for SCROG. The Cheese grows like it’ll be amazing output and the SC grows like a true sativa - fast and with narrow leaves that allow light penetration. I’m interested to see which performs best albeit with the SC being about 5 days older. The phenotype of BW I have is a slow grower. I’ve seen some decent moves from it lately but it cannot keep up with its sisters and grows short with light hindering foliage.

To circle back, yup 12/12 within a week then off to the races. The screen is filling in fast.

8. Considering switching these to 12/12 within the next few days. Got my parts list together for my veg chamber hydro setup. Should be a fun project here in the next few nights. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey all, the ladies were switched to flower and cloned 4/27. The tray is continuing to fill fast and I feel like I’ve been pulling double shifts in pruning and manipulation to give every bud sight a home.

These ladies are also insanely stinky already. I have to close the door to work in the room or the entire house smells within 5-10mins. Temps have been manageable since switching to exhausting out of the home and ph has stuck dead on 5.8. I do see a slight nute burn going on since I switched the Rez the night they went to flower. PPM’s at switch were 925. If I notice any further progress I’ll dilute but they seem to adjusting quite well.

I’m excited to see to some bud formation [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dang man, seems your scrog is a bit low. They are gotta stretch to double their size. Better lower the light as low as possible

11. Sooo.... the battle was lost and the SCROG was overcame. I most definitely had my timing to flower off and should have switched some time back. Ya live and ya learn. I’ve been working hard to continue to clean up the lower canopy to allow maximum airflow. Temps have been in the 77-78 range dropping down to ~68-70 range. Continuing to work on getting my humidity down, it’s been hanging around ~47-52. PH has been holding at 5.85 by itself for multiple days the last few clean outs. Ppm is currently 1150. I’m concerned with airflow at this point and have 1 8” oscillating and 1 8” single direction mini fan blowing at the lower canopy and a 16” hitting the top of the canopy. I’ve been thinning but these are some thick plants. Cheers. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2