First Grow; Should I Risk Pruning My Plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by derekthedude, May 30, 2013.

1. I have a vegging Lemon Skunk plant that's 5 weeks from seed. I'm starting flower in a week and am not sure if I should risk pruning when I really don't know what I'm doing. Should I wait a few grows until I get a feel for how the plant grows?

Here's a pic....

IMG_01911.JPG

I LST'd. I'm hoping the other tops catch up to the main top. They've mostly been stretching, but I need them to start growing by the time flower starts.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Wouldn't bother pruning that one, looks like it is small enough to need almost all the foliage to push out buds.

Of course if the very first nodes get leaves that die off on you take em but other than that I wouldn't.

3. #3 derekthedude, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    Thanks for the reply.

Is my plant's height below average for its age or something? I knew it was too short for what is supposed to be a sativa-dominant strain, though. But I thought it'd give me denser flowers.

4. if that picture is week 5 it looks a little stubby, depends on your lights etc. though.

5. well, i have 8 23W CFLs about 5 inches from the plant

6. If your talking about topping, I wouldn't bother. You really need time for new tips to come in well before switching to flower to get any major advantage. If your just talking about removing leaves, I wouldn't as your plant needs its foliage to help build buds.

7. I always give my plants a two week shock grace period, this is incredibly generous, but I won't do anything to shock the plant without waiting two weeks before doing it again, the shocking things being Trimming, Fimming, Topping, Cloning, and switching to flowering. If you go into flowering in Shock you could almost lose a week just on your plant trying to recover. 

8. #8 b.real, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    i saw this title and had to say NOOO! lol that is a beautiful fucking plant and an awesome strain. lemon is a very strong plant. skunk as well, but lemon more so..

2 weeks sounds about right to catch back up to where they were..realistically probably more like an extra week of veg.

keep me updating on wattage situation and we will grow some monster buds

did you lst it?

nevermind you did. i wait until just before the stretch and lst. you should catch by the highest node. checkout my acid/diesel plant, 12/12 from seed

View attachment 1170833