First Grow Setup...Have a few ?'s

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Poolsh4rk, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Hey guys! So I'm considering starting my own grow indoors. Possibly 2 plants at a time judging by the tent I've picked out. Here is what I'm ordering.. Just wondering if my lights will be okay in a tent this size with my air filtration/Carbon filter.

*Tent- VIVOSUN 3x3x6 with observation window

*Lights- iPower 1000 watt HPS and MH. Digital Dimmable kit with air cooled reflector hood

*Filtration- VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit: 4inch 203 CFM inline fan with speed controller, 4 inch Carbon Filter and 8 feet of ducting

I've done a lot of research but would still like to get an opinion from some others as well.

Peace and thank you

2. Yeah you should be good for light as far as sheer power. Rocking over 100 W / sq ft lol. Pretty high.

You would also most likely need another exhaust/inline fan in the mix.
    Trying to pull thru cool tube ducting AND a carbon filter is tricky unless you have some decent ''horsepower".

So with those things mentioned above, I don't want to be the guy bringing up LEDs, especially if you already placed your order, and real good ones can be cost prohibitive, but if you spend a little up front, you can avoid most of the heat and ducting and condensation and fan requirements with a good quantum board, strip lighting or cob lighting assembly.

I wish I had researched them better. LED tech is vastly improved in the last decade.

I went the route you went or are about to go, and this whole grow, the most consistently annoying item in my setup is my 1000W. Ducting everywhere, condensation from -15°C air going thru my cool tube, needed to upgrade to insulated ducting....which is much more cumbersome than non-insulated and takes up even more room in my tent. The radiant heat from my 1000W still eventually heats up my 6X6 tent despite the cool tube and the cold air passing thru it. My exhaust fans have to run way too often and I lose my CO2 buildup after about 2 hrs of light on. Constantly fiddling with multiple speed controllers. The end result in my roomrare good, the system works, but is high maintenance.
    And, you have to constantly change out your bulbs.

Had I ponied up for quantum boards or cobs to begin with, all those issues would be either completely absent, or much easier to deal with.
    Check out some LED growers on here:

@trojangrower
    @Soil2Coco

There are others, can't think of them right now.
    They get fantastic results with LEDs. I'm switching over fully to LEDs soon myself.

Good luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Depending on where you plan on putting your tent the only real thing that jumps out at me is heat from the HID light other then that seems like you did your homework

4. I'd think a 3 x 3 using 1000 watts of HID would need to be in a room with air conditioning. It will get very hot if ran at full power. Mold and fungus will be a possibility, very humid environment.

• Like Like x 1