First grow; Seed type help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jane9, Jul 7, 2011.

1. I've posted this twice, but I guess it's not going through or something...

Anyway though, I'm starting my first grow soon and I don't know what strand to start with.

I really want a sativa strand, but I guess it's not good for your first grow..? That's what I've read. But I really want something that gives out a body high, and makes you happy and ready to start the day. A wake n' bake high. I don't want to fall asleep like 15 or 20 minutes after smoking.

My space is about 4 feet long, 1 foot and 1/2 wide, and about 4 or 5 feet high.

I want a sort of smaller grow, and something that won't exceed my tv cabinet.

Odor, isn't really a big factor. It's beside a double window, and I live sort of in the 'boonies', and I'm on the third floor, so I'm not worried about anyone catching a whiff or anything. But I don't really know the potency of just the plant, because I haven't grown before.

If you could point me in the direction of a strand that's good for a first grow, that's help me out a lot and I'd appreciate it greatly.

The cost of the seeds though, I want to start out with only a 10-15$ seed. I don't want to spend a lot of $ on seeds and then not do any good with them. :smoke:

2. If you don't want to pay alot for seeds use bag seeds (they are exactly what they sound like, seeds from bags you smoked).

AMS - has some cheep seeds around 35USD but I have heard really bad reviews about them. (even though I have ordered from them and had great results)

Attitude seed bank is the most popular/trusted and they also have some pretty cheap strains lowest being 25USD (I have never used them but have seen hundreds of positive reviews)

these are just two of hundreds but I would order from either, AMS because I have had luck with them in the past and Attitude because of the positive reviews. Also if inclined enough ask your local dealer if he has any seeds he found. Normally they will only keep the seeds from high quality shit. This method is sketchy because now your dealer thinks you are trying to grow, but it is worth a shot.

you gave the dims of your area but no information on the lighting setup, unless you are going to use the sun through a window which through a window is not the best option, some windows block much needed spectrum of light that you plant needs. If this is the case I would add some sort of supplemental lighting for your plants so they get the full spectrum they need for both veg and flower growth.