First Grow Seed Choice Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Twisted Monkey, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ok well I got my choice narrowed down to 2 right now.

There is the White Dwarf Auto which is a mix of 2 types of White Widow and the Auto gene,
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/new-stock-buddha-seeds-white-dwarf-feminized-4367-p.asp

Then there is the Diesel Ryder which is a mix of NYC Diesel and Lowryder #2.
    http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/back-in-stockjoint-doctor-diesel-ryder-3080-p.asp

I have had White Widow before and loved it but I don't know if the Diesel would be better, never had it.. What I am looking for mostly is the THC %. I don't care as much about yield because I can breed to get more seeds and have multiple plants going at once.

I have decided to go with a soil grow instead of Hydro since it is my first real time trying this properly and don't want to ruin my whole crop from one tiny mistake.

Anyone out there have any experience with either of these 2 strains? Would love to get some feedback to help me make my final decision.

2. well if your growing for the first time...I would suggest not worrying about breeding just concentrate on growing to the best of your ability, dont cloud your grow with a bunch of extra stuff to worry about. But as far as the seeds, I dont have any exp with auto flowering strains. Do you have your grow room set up and ready? Cause if not I would focus on that prior to ordering seeds. Or at least dont try and germ them, and as you wait for them to sprout try and get your space ready. Having your ducks in a row is a good idea.

3. I am not a big fan of autoflowering plants. Never grown one and probably never will. I have the patience for a full grow and appreciate the extra yield I get with a standard sized plant.

But, that doesn't really answer your questions. I saw one place that was selling the White Dwarf. They listed THC @ 22%. The Diesel Ryder is listed @ 17-19%. So if you are just going after high THC content I guess you should go with the White Dwarf.

Also, you said you wanted to breed them to get some more seeds. But, the links you posted for White Dwarf are femenized seeds. Unless you grow a hermie (which can happen with fems) you are not going to be able to seed them. Also, because they are limited in yield as it is I am not sure you want to seed them anyway. Energy will be diverted to seed development instead of bud growth and I am not sure that is a good thing for an autoflower plant.

You could go the cloning route. Like I said I have never grown an autoflower so I am not even sure if it's possible. But, if it is that is what I would do. Don't seed the weed is my motto.

Good luck.

4. thx for the info

only reason I am going for auto flower right now is to harvest asap. I am wanting to "stock pile" for the Annual Rainbow Gathering next year and won't be able to do that on a non-auto folower strain.. once I get back from the Gathering I will be going to normal strains... I was looking over the Jack Herer strain once I get back.

As for them only having feminized of that strain I am sure if I talked to the owner of the company I could get a normal pack with both male and female seeds.

5. If it is the Rainbow Gathering held in July (which is all I could find on Google), then you could get 2 grows in by then. You could easily "stockpile" some nice bud by that time. Just a thought.

6. Yea it is the one in July in New Mexico... I was under the impression it took like 9 months to get a good harvest from non auto folower, am I wrong there?

7. Indoors? No way. 3-4 months is all it takes. Really depends on how long you veg. It usually take 8-10 in flower. So if you veg for 1 month you can easily be finished by 3 or 3 1/2 months.

8. wow ok, so it is just a tad bit longer on normal than it is on auto flower, didn't know that.. this has made my decision alot easier... now to ask

has anyone had any experience with this Jack Herer strain which claims to be the most potent strain in the world.. is that claim true?

9. I also need help with seed choice...

Now of course I would love to grow some white widow and get the bud with the most THC content, but I don't want to waste my time and money by messing up.

What are some good strains that are easy to grow for beginners that will produce a good amount of each bud with a good THC level?

Right now I am looking at chrystal, northern light X shiva, Skunk #1, or some B52...

I really have no idea about seeds and I dont want to spend a lot of money on them if they aren't going to work...

\