First Grow Season - start date advice/opinion

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by seedjay, Sep 3, 2011.

1. So this season (australian) will be my first real grow ive got my seeds at hand "shaman" from dutch passion and some "nevilles haze"
    plus some randoms i got in half an oz, its terrible tasting smoke so im hoping i can grow it better than the person i got it off lol

im not aiming for a massive yield or just a couple beautiful plants :D

i figure one or two of each strain should be enough ? im growing in my yard in a suburban area and a large crop would be a very unwise thing to have.... unfortunately :( lol

so for all of you who may not know 1st september marks the start of spring here and im eagerly waiting for the days to lengthen so i can get my grow started.
    This website is extremely helpfull for finding day lengths in you area.
    Sunrise and Sunset Calculator

Currently my location gets aproximately 11 hours and 35mins of sunlight.
    that goes up to 12 hours on the 19th September,
    increasing to 13 hours on the 27th October
    and then 13 and 52 mins on the 22nd December which is the logest day of the year.
    it then gradualy falls to 12 hours by the 24th March 2012.

So with that said, can someone please advise when the best time to plant my seeds would be ?

im going to be lst training the shaman and nev haze and probly topping and training the unkown strain. in an attempt to keep them smaller and less obvious. Hopefully that all goes well...

also i couldnt help myself and planted a couple of the unkown strain which im now going to reffer to as "cannabis strain incognita" or CSI :smoke: haha

Also i sacrificed one other seedling for the greater good, and by that i mean i put it in my closet with a cfl and killed it.
    im guessing lack of ventillation haha

heres some pics of my first CSI 3-4 weeks old i think.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a sign that i planted it way too early because it has preflowers (or stipules?) already right ?

[​IMG]

tell us what you think
    and its not growing very fast but that may be because its not in potting mix and has only been fert once extremely lightly haha.

if anyone could tell me or estimate what ratio of Sativa to Indica it might have that would be awesome
    :rolleyes:

2. bump cause i put alot of noob effort into this

3. Theres no way to tell right now if it's a sativa or indica, those are just the plant starting to grow, not preflowering

4. true thats good :)
    guess ill just have to wait it out ay