First Grow Rubbermaid tote help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by smokeys81, Jan 31, 2012.

1. I have a rubbermaid tote for a hydro machine and I have started my first grow with bagseed. I germinated the seeds as explained in the beginner section but over germinated I had inch plus roots in the damp cloth. But figured what the hell go for it and see if they do anything in the tote with lights on them I salvaged three roots. The lights are 600watt MH. So I inserted the root carfully into the rockwoll cube and moistened the cube inserted it into a net cup with those pellet things im supposed to use surrounding the cube. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best and after a day under the lights the three roots in the root cubes sprouted litlle leaves and looked very positive. Then I started to pay attention to my ph in my tote and noticed it was at 8+ so I added small amount of apple cider vinegar to bring it down which it did down to 6.8. I went to bed and the next morning the ph was back to 8+ and a bubbley film around the inside of the tote. But I had to rush to work and I could not give it anymore attention aat the moment. When I got home one plant looked dead one almost dead and the third looked ok, the leaves on it stayed the same color. The top of the rockwoll looked kinda dry on them so I top feed with water on all of them I did top feed a little bit actually i didnt know that I was supposed to. Do you think I can save these plants at least one of them. What have I done wrong? What to make sure to remember the next time? How to get a germinated seed to my tote and to start growing? Thanks for any help or suggestions I am very new to this stuff and could use all the help I could get and sorry for the crappy description of everything I'm horrible at explaining things so if you have any questions just ask THANKS SORRY FOR THE LENGTH

2. my opinions in bold:

any qwestins?