First grow! Rubbermaid bag seed.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by swannsonite, Nov 20, 2011.

1. [quote name='"igotcaughtfml"']

Hey Boketh sry to intrued on the thread but where did you guys find those light fixtures for the cfls...would like to use some of those instead of a corded socket![/quote]

Haha nice name how did that happen?? I just got 6 dollar shop lamps and took the reflector off I got 6 of them hanging on a shelf I can move up and down or you can go to home depot or lowes and get the sockets that plug right into the power strip maybe get a couple Y sockets

2. Yea i got the corded sockets(shop lamps) and the y splitters just want to limit the cables around the tent :) yea did some research and saw it was just the mogul socket plug ins and some y splitters haha thought it was an actual premade fixture could buy! all good now thanks man

3. Haha dude my bad i get high and look at so many grows. Lose track. :D

4. The plants really liked the water looked much perkier today. Made my carbon filter today following the guide I posted early in grow. Cannot find the fan I want apparently no one cars fans in the winter.... So to make my exhaust fan gonna have to order it... What do you call the growths that looks just like the top? Tops?

Pics
    1. #1 Sooooo many tops. Removed some more fan leafs still but it really seems to be loving it.
    2. #2 Looking on the up n up
    3. #3 Looks like 4 tops going strong
    4. Carbon filter with adapter to fit fan when ever I can find one.

Attached Files:

5. Looks good bro. #1 looks fantastic

6. #86 swannsonite, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
    Thank fif3l, yeah I'm proud of #1 for sure. I hope its fem! Well I had not been removing hardly any leafs from #3 but seeing how insanely well it is working for #1 I removed quite a few from #3 today. Watered #2 runoff PH now @ 5.8 from 5.5 before watering. I have been using about 1Liter of water mixed with 1/2 tsp of baking soda. That ends up at about 8.5PH. I run that mix through after I have watered with tap water to the point it is dripping out the bottom. Basically a watering with a mini flush of higher PH and it seems to be doing the trick of raising the PH slowly enough not to cause shock.

Pics
    4. Todays trimmings 4 big ones from #3 one actually had 9 leafs, Tiny one from #2, and the rest from #1

Attached Files:

7. Nice lookin plants there! Cant wait for mine to get that big :D

8. Holy crap #1 is exploding with growth! I moved #1 and #3 further from light to try and get a bit of vertical growth. Fished painting my cabinet gotta buy my exhaust fan can not buy fans in winter apparently...

1. #1 running out of room time to go vertical.
    2. #2 secondary growth is looking better.
    3. #3 removed minor leafs
    4. Every things gone white

Attached Files:

9. Pics.

1-2. #1 So bushy yet so short.

Attached Files:

10. Watered #1 n #3 today. #1s PH is finally correct hit 6.5 with this watering!
    #3s PH is now up to 6.1. So I think there about a month old should I start some form of nutes? I Have some Schultz plant food 10-15-10 that i'll be using if you guys think they are needing nutes.

1. #1 Think I counted 14 tops! Not to shabby for 3in tall.
    2. #2 Mmmm new growth.
    3. #3 6 tops not exploding like #1 but not to bad.

Attached Files:

11. 1. #1 Spacing out some of that new growth.
    3. #3 Stem grew very wierd Ill post a pic of that tommorow
    4. Getting harder to take these plants out for pics.

Attached Files:

12. Moved to new cab today! Look at all that space! Once I can get my HPS I will finish the top veg chamber and switch #1 to flower in the bottom.

Pics.
    1. Fan+carbon filter
    2. The lights are not permanent will hopefully get an HPS after Christmas.
    3. #1 almost filled the pot!
    4. #2 filling out nicely.
    5-6. #3 The stem has always been curved like this from sprout but it got so big it broke out of the soil

Attached Files:

13. Have u fed them yet. I saw u asked about nutes.

What do you have for food and stuff for them?

14. Ehhh it might work but i think you want the first number to be higher than the second and third.. thats the N value,and the most important thing for vegging plants. Organic nutrients are cheap bro,should look into alfalfa meal for your N. You can get it (alfalfa) at any feedstore. All of your nutrients almost lol. And it will be better for your plants than that junk. That would be better for flowering because of its higher P (phosphorus) value.

15. #96 swannsonite, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    Hmmm... well I think I will try this out see how it goes + some of molasses. I know its cheap but I need to recover from Christmas shopping... well my wife's shopping.

Watered #3 its ph was 6.4. Only watered with tap finally didn't have to add any thing to water... well I take that back I added some mosquito dunks in the water since I have been noticing gnats again. The good news Im noticing them dead. Guess the hot shot strip I have in there is doing its job. Hopefully this will help keep them from getting to adulthood.
    Today turned into pruning day. I had been pruning #1 more than #s 2 n 3 and it really seems to be working out.
    Here are some before and afters.
    Pics
    1-2. #1
    3-4. #2
    5-6. #3
    7. Super leaf!

Attached Files:

16. Subbed. I wanna see how this turns out, good luck homie!

17. [quote name='"swannsonite"']Hmmm... well I think I will try this out see how it goes + some of molasses. I know its cheap but I need to recover from Christmas shopping... well my wife's shopping.

Watered #3 its ph was 6.4. Only watered with tap finally didn't have to add any thing to water... well I take that back I added some mosquito dunks in the water since I have been noticing gnats again. The good news Im noticing them dead. Guess the hot shot strip I have in there is doing its job. Hopefully this will help keep them from getting to adulthood.
    Today turned into pruning day. I had been pruning #1 more than #s 2 n 3 and it really seems to be working out.
    Here are some before and afters.
    Pics
    1-2. #1
    3-4. #2
    5-6. #3
    7. Super leaf![/quote]

Looking way better plants looking healthy and they are really growing up keep up the work

18. Put sand on the top of your soil. They cant get through it.

19. #100 swannsonite, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    Plants were showing some very minor signs of neut deficiency so today they all got there first dose of neuts! I did a little less than half strength of the plant food I had and 1tbs of molasas to 1 gal of water.

Pics
    1. #1 This baby is ready to flower. Gonna repot and get some more 2700k bulbs and let it flower.
    20111224_214801.jpg
    2. #2 The main stems leafs looking kinda scrawny but looking great otherwise.
    20111224_214823.jpg
    3-4. #3 Starting to see the new growth where I have opened up the stems to light. Check this out 3 fan leafs are now growing per node on this one stem! Its like the 4leaf clover of weed lol.
    20111224_214903.jpg
    20111224_215148.jpg