First grow! Rubbermaid bag seed.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by swannsonite, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Bowl filled 7.5 PH. Should I let all water sit out 24hrs before using?

2. yes. chances are your city puts chlorine as well as other chemicals in your water.
    its a practice many growers on these boards use.
    i use ro water. you can buy it for cheap.

3. #43 swannsonite, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    Well good and bad news plants 1,3 are looking better. However plant 2 looks like it may die... I fear my first PH adjustment is to blame for this. Got soil meter to 6.5 perfect PH right? WRONG once I finally got a digital tester the actual run off was around 4PH . So now attempting to recover proper PH run off around 5s and the new soil with a flush seems to be working for 1 and 3. I may try to raise PH of #2 with some backing soda since it appears I don't have much to lose.

Pics, Trying to get them at the same angles for a time lapse at the end.
    1-2. #1 actually enough growth to lst... well some what
    3-4. #2 is it terminal?
    5-6. #3 little droopy but not to bad.

Attached Files:

4. PH now 7.6 in the bowl.

5. Weird dude. Well i know that leaving the water sit out will help chlorine dissipate at least

6. Good day for the most part. Plants 1,3 are looking better still. Plant 2 looking about the same... I added some 8.5 PH water to plant 2 today since its PH is still low. Baking soda is what was used to raise the PH.
    Started some LST today since they were looking good and i think are on third leaf set. I removed the leafs that were looking really bad so that new growth could get more light. Keeping my fingers crossed on #2 hopefully this will perk it up.
    Since I put them in the new pots I have been swaping there spots counter clock wise in the tote so they all get a chance under the 2700k and right by the fan.

Pics
    1-2. #1 Actually started lst on it yester day now have 2 stems pulled down
    3-4. #2 How sad does that look.
    5-6. #3 No spots still looking good.
    7. Plants in there new spots for the day.

Attached Files:

7. Looks like ur third one is really comin back. Nice green. Keep at it man. Do u water them everyday..?

8. No they havent been watered since I transplanted. Except for #2 since im thinking the PH may be worse in it than the others. I only gave it a little bit of some higher PH water around the middle where the original soil was today. Thanks for following.

9. No problem man. I try to help.

Just based on lookin at your thread... the only thing i think could b affecting your plants was the ph. Maybe chlorine too. Most people who use tapwater fill up a bucket and aerate it for 24 hrs or so with an airstone and aquarium pump.

I just harvested my first plant today. It was awesome.
    This is my first time too.

10. #50 swannsonite, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Looking very nice today... well except #2 but it didn't get worse! Continuing the LST. No watering needed yet probably by tomorrow I will water #1 n #3.

Pics
    1-2. #1 Spreading out nicely! What a difference a day makes.
    3-4. #2 "Im not dead yet"
    5-6. #3 growin growin growin.
    7. #2 hoping the LST will get those lil sprouts to grow.

Attached Files:

11. Lst=low STRESS training. I dont know if lst is the best for her. Ive let up plants from the bend over because they acted like they didnt like it. If she gives you problems try to let her up again. Hows the ph.

12. 1 and 3 continue to chug along. #2 on the other hand is having a tough time and I only made it worse... It snapped in TWO!.... cry cry. Well it broke pretty bad but It didn't actually completely fall apart. It was to small and curved to put tape on it so crazy glue to the rescue... yes crazy glue lol. It actually seems to have worked. We shall see what tomorrow brings.
    I don't know what my PH really is cause I still haven't watered so no run off to test unless you have another way to test? I will defiantly be watering #1 and #3 tomorrow so will let ya know then.
    LST on #1 is going amazing it now has 3 Tops? I guess that what you would call them... #3 Is so bushy that even with LST it is not getting much light to the lower stem will just have to keep it up until it grows longer.

Pics.
    1-2. #1 Nearly to the edge enough to tie down around the pre drilled holes.
    3-4. #2
    5-6. #3
    7-9. #1 tops 1, 2, 3

Attached Files:

13. It looks really cool if u save the last five days of plant #1s over head view and scroll through them.

14. [quote name='"swannsonite"']It looks really cool if u save the last five days of plant #1s over head view and scroll through them.[/quote]

Yeah I love doing that hahaha plants look like they doing ok with the lst are you supposed to tie down at first node or newest node??

15. I have been keeping them down at the newest nodes.

16. #56 swannsonite, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Hello, Watered 1 n 3 today. #1s PH was 5... and #3s PH was 5.1... Added a good bit of tap water then some 8-9 PH water to hopefully bring up the PH. Trimmed up #1 so It can get new growth moving along and spread out more.
    Removed 2 sets of leafs from #3 so it can spread out. It is so bunched up it needs to spread out like #1. #2 is very stunted im thinking it is just going to die... should I euthanize?

Pics
    1-2. #1 showing branch after trim.
    3-4. #2
    5-6. #3

Attached Files:

17. Everyones havin problems.

18. #58 swannsonite, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Normal day of growin. Removing those leafs really helped the lower branches. #1 n #3 now have more new growth that will be branches. Removed some of the really bad leafs off #2 maybe it will eventually grow.

Pics
    1-2. #1 filling out nicely
    3-4. #2 meh
    5-6. #3 2 new growths

Attached Files:

19. Looking good even #2 seems to be recovering all be it very slowly. Nothing new except I busted the hell out of my index finger on an exhaust fan grabbing a plant. Fucked up my fingernail and I have a huge blood blister... Other than that a very good day of growing.

Pics
    1-2. #1 Has reached the edge far enough to tie down to the pot
    3-4. #2 Some promising new growth.
    5-6. #3 Lower growth really liked those upper leafs removed.

Attached Files:

20. [quote name='"swannsonite"']Looking good even #2 seems to be recovering all be it very slowly. Nothing new except I busted the hell out of my index finger on an exhaust fan grabbing a plant. Fucked up my fingernail and I have a huge blood blister... Other than that a very good day of growing.

Pics
    1-2. #1 Has reached the edge far enough to tie down to the pot
    3-4. #2 Some promising new growth.
    5-6. #3 Lower growth really liked those upper leafs removed.[/QUOTE]

Looks like your plants are doing better then before that's good, on plant 3 was it getting good growth before you trimmed the leaves or just after??