First grow! Rubbermaid bag seed.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by swannsonite, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Frustration sets in... Plant#1 is really droopy after yesterdays spill hopefully it pulls through. #2 though its bottom most leaves look horrible it has new growth that is looking great. #3 has a random yellow spot not sure how it happened but moved it back from the light a little bit.
    As far as my gnats go through some searching found MosquitoDunks they kill larva of fungus gnats. Its a bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis so getting into biological warfare on these sobs. Added that to my now PH balanced water @ 6.5 and gave them a good watering. Put potato wedges in the soil as it is supposed to attract the larvae we will see... Gonna get some yellow sticky cards today and hopefully my gnat problem will be short lived.

1. #1 all droopy and sad it had a rough turkeyday
    2. #2 great new set of leaves and, should i just cut those horrible looking leaves?
    3. #3 slow but steady growth with random yellow spot.

Attached Files:

2. [quote name='"swannsonite"']Frustration sets in... Plant#1 is really droopy after yesterdays spill hopefully it pulls through. #2 though its bottom most leaves look horrible it has new growth that is looking great. #3 has a random yellow spot not sure how it happened but moved it back from the light a little bit.
    As far as my gnats go through some searching found MosquitoDunks they kill larva of fungus gnats. Its a bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis so getting into biological warfare on these sobs. Added that to my now PH balanced water @ 6.5 and gave them a good watering. Put potato wedges in the soil as it is supposed to attract the larvae we will see... Gonna get some yellow sticky cards today and hopefully my gnat problem will be short lived.

1. #1 all droopy and sad it had a rough turkeyday
    2. #2 great new set of leaves and, should i just cut those horrible looking leaves?
    3. #3 slow but steady growth with random yellow spot.[/quote]

That first one is looking pretty droopy hopefully it pulls through for you, I'm not to sure about cutting those leaves if it was me I would wait until you can just pull it off gently how close was that 3rd one to the light?

3. It was at least an inch away with fan right next to it. Added the sticky trap and a hotshot slow release strip that should get any adult gnats. All I can do now is wait and see.

4. Yeah that's what I do keep the fan on to where my leaves are barely waving have my cfls about an inch or so above

5. Good day today! Haven't seen any Gnats today and the traps are clean. It may have just been a PH issue and hopefully nipped the gnats in the bud. Plant #1 looks slightly better so it is recovering. Plant #2 is looking good as well. Plant #3 looks like it is catching up to #2 in size! I moved #1 n #2 closer to lights as it appears that made a big difference for #3.

Pics
    #1 looks very odd compared to the other plants...

Attached Files:

6. [quote name='"swannsonite"']Good day today! Haven't seen any Gnats today and the traps are clean. It may have just been a PH issue and hopefully nipped the gnats in the bud. Plant #1 looks slightly better so it is recovering. Plant #2 is looking good as well. Plant #3 looks like it is catching up to #2 in size! I moved #1 n #2 closer to lights as it appears that made a big difference for #3.

Pics
    #1 looks very odd compared to the other plants...
    #3[/quote]

They are looking good I got a goofy one and 2 good ones also hahaha

7. Disappointing day plant #2 has a 2nd set of leafs showing spots and #1 has started showing them also... Pulled the potatoes and there are lil tiny white salt grain sized lil fuckers... would post pic but there really to small. flushed the plants and added some sevin for the bugs with hydrogen peroxide to help plants get oxygen in very wet soil. We shall see what tomorrow holds.

Pics
    1-2. #1 some new growth but SPOTS... why god why
    3-4. #2 Spots on newer growth...
    5. #3 now the best looking plant imo
    6. #1 #2 #3

Attached Files:

8. Seem to have slowed the spot growth. I don't know exactly how but my run off PH was in the 4s!!! I got run off to about 5.5ish after many many flushes. Going to let them dry out and breath and prolly flush again.

#1 spots got a lil worse but didnt spread to any other leafs
    #2 Still spotty but did not get as bad as quickly.
    #3 Lookin good

Attached Files:

9. [quote name='"swannsonite"']Seem to have slowed the spot growth. I don't know exactly how but my run off PH was in the 4s!!! I got run off to about 5.5ish after many many flushes. Going to let them dry out and breath and prolly flush again.

#1 spots got a lil worse but didnt spread to any other leafs
    #2 Still spotty but did not get as bad as quickly.
    #3 Lookin good[/quote]

Wow your ph got way way way low what's your tap water at?

10. 7.5 is my tap water... Im guessing I over corrected the first time I messed with PH. Though the soil meter was 6.5 I guess it wasnt that accurate... got [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H78ZI0/ref=oh_o00_s00_i01_details"]THIS[/ame] and that's how I found out what the run off PH was. So if u have that soil meter too I wouldn't get it below 7PH. Think I'm gonna transplant tomorrow these cups are flimsy and I don't have room to start LST. Hopefully some fresh soil will help the ph as well.

11. looks good bro!

id definitly look into getting a hps for flowering...theres small 150watters out there... quite nice.

dont forget to LITFA
    Leave It The Fuck Alone.

:)

12. Well #1-2 are looking worse still... Transplanted to what will be their final pots in hopes the infusion of new soil will breath new life. Transplant was easy and went almost perfect. The only set back was that I didn't quite put plant #1 high enough. So a lil of its stem got buried but it should be no problem. Now its time to LITFA and see what happens.

Pics
    1. #2s root ball
    2. #3s root ball
    3. New pots in tote. Keeping them low for a day.
    4-5. Plant #1
    6-7. Plant #2 a few leafs perked up.
    8-9. Plant #3 no spots but droopy.

Attached Files:

13. Hey what happened man, yheyre lookin a lil rough. Whats the stats.. we need them whwn trying to help you. Air temp, humidity,ph, what soil, have u fed them yet? Not saying you need to,just curious.

What water do u use to water them? Depending on your location,this could be an issue.

Just fyi, it is ok to plant plants with long stems deeper into the soil. Roots will eventually grow wherever the dirt is covering it. When my aurora (mother) sprouted i had the wrong light and she stretched like 4 inches,lol. I planted that whole stem into soil and its a normal plant now. Thats actually the advisable thing in some situations.

14. Also... i had problems with those dumbass gnat larvae. They got into my starter plugs,and were messin up all my sprouts. Munched the shit out of them. I had to toss alot of stuff. Gl with those lil bastards.

15. Temp 68-81
    Humidity 31%-50%
    PH with soil meter 7-8
    PH via run off water 5.5
    PH of tap water 7.5-7.3
    PH of my PH down water 6.5
    So as far I can tell my PH is between 5.5-8 really frustrating...
    Have not fed yet and they are in MG seed starting potting mix.
    I have been using tap water since I found out my run off was so low.

Grateful for any help!

16. sometimes, water has ph buffers in it...it causes the ph to change after a period of time (usually 1 day).

do you use city water?

17. and those soil meters are garbage. go by your runoff.
    do you let your water sit out before using it?

18. Yeah city water and I don't usually let it sit out before use.

19. i believe thats your problem man.
    try letting it sit out, the chlorine alone damages things in your plants. fill up a bowl o water, and check the ph. let it sit 24 hrs, then check it again..

20. chlorine is a very volatile chemical... it will evaporate from water in 24 hrs.
    even better if you throw an airstone in it. :) if not just stir it every now and then
    im pretty sure this is your problem dude