First grow rqs easy bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jayloud24, Jan 17, 2015.

1. #1 Jayloud24, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    This has got to be the easiest strain to grow!! I have gotton to day 17 without checking ph or using a fan and imo it looks good any thoughts? Tried the same with northern lights auto and I beleive the growth was stunned instantly. I filled up a 5 gal bucket half way using miracle grow potting mix the reason being I don't have much to invest. I have been watering once a week with Poland spring bottled water and I keep 3 cfl lights on her 17-7 just because that's the only schedule that I can work with. I included a few pics, the foil is to make up for my low number of lights.

Feedback would be great I don't plan on investing much more since it's my first grow I'm really just seeing how things turn out

By the way I have noticed pistils I tried to get a close picture but failed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lookin nice so far...don't be afraid to spend a little on the grow, every penny you spend on light will repay you many times on the first grow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How many would you recommend? I perfer to use cfl's I have a tight budget for the next week or so but the first thing Im getting is a fan

4. No feedback? Come on guys

5. With cfls try to go 200 actual watts. Mix 2700 and 5000-6500 bulbs. The plant will benefit from a mixed spectrum.

6. get rid of the foil plain white paper is better or anything white, foil doesn't reflect like you would expect it to. If you have more than 100 watts you should be fine with just this plant but the more the better. The fan is a good investment for making the plant stronger and helping circulate air, maybe cut a little bit on nitrogen the bottom leaves are looking real dark

7. Just an update day 29 I added a fan and a few more cfl's 3 broke so I'm back to 3 the plant has suffered a few problems but overall she is doing pretty good Ive started 2 more plants that's recieved a better start

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just how the fuck are you breaking lights?

Id hate to have you in my growrooms, you could break a fortune.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lol I didn't have a set place for the lights at the moment and had accidentally knocked one into the other I was thinking about replacing with a 100w led would it be better or should I stick with cfl's?

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 snoopdog6502, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015

Oh man.. :(

LED is nice but consider the cost and buy some real hanging hardware. I have a new very expensive LED and have 4 hooks into the ceiling studs plus use back up safety cables to keep it from falling if the ratchet hangers fail.

My small LED is a $300 light and it has redundant hardware and its hanging from a big steel pipe.

LED's are heavy, nothing like a CFL or HPS.

11. I think I'll stick to cfl's then lol their cheap. I did some research and I should get around 20 grams from this plant it really does well in any conditions

• Like Like x 1
    The beauty of CFL's is you can have many of them close to the plant. Iv seen some downright respectable grows with them.

You still dont want them crashing down so make sure they are secured. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. so right now I can see that tiny buds are beginning to form but noticed that my seed leafs had turned yellow and fell off then this happened

14. #14 Jayloud24, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    Sorry forgot to add pics by the way there's no smell so far only when the fan is off and I get real close

Attached Files:

15. Update. Easy bud looking beautiful gained a storng smell when in he grow room but not too strong my odor genie took care of the smell just not when your standing over her. Northern lights auto is 35 days old (4 days behind easy bud) and just showed pistols. The sad looking plant that's overwatered is diesel auto and idk just leaving it to see since autos always surprise me it's been about 5 days and its slowly picking up

Attached Files:

16. Hard for me to get a better pic due to the many leaves but here's an update on the seed leaf that re-grew if you look real close (in person) you can see that there are 2 leaves maybe 3 but there's a stem connecting the 2 leaves

Attached Files:

17. #17 Jayloud24, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Day 48? Easy bud budding nicely despite the problems it faced/facing right behind it is northern lights auto who has shot up past easy bud in just 2 days!! What's cool is the seed leaf that fell off of easy bud gave an opportunity for a new and branch to grow which has grown pistils :) I'll post a pic if anyone is interested in seeing it but seems like this post is pretty dead :(

If anyone is reading how much longer would you say they have to go? Most reviews of easy bud say 55-57 days imo it looks like it can go longer

Attached Files:

18. Feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Get better lights. That shit is going to be fluff weed. and dont be lazy. Your not going to get any props for not checking PH. Thats not good its just lazy and bad practice and a horrible habit to get into. You have alot to learn

20. Ph was checked and adjusted and nutes and molasses was added weeks ago no one bothered to asked so never mentioned it ph was good because I used Poland spring water which i tested and every time comes up to the same ph also the number of lights is staying the same where I live the energy bill is ridiculous 3 cfl's in 25ish days raised it by $10 then I added a fan that runs constantly. This is just my starting grow once spring hits prices should be lowered and I plan on adding a 150watt hps and switching from autos

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum