First grow room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CoLoKiD, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Hello all, newbie to this forum, I've been growing Bruce Banner outdoors and I am getting ready to put them into flower next week and built myself a little secret room. They are from seed and so far all appear to be female. But will find out for sure next week once in flower.

This is my first time growing, but have done the plumbing on several licensed grow facilities here in Colorado and have been observing very closely and asking tons of questions.

Matter of fact I had a well known CO grower print out his complete nutrient schedule from clone-flower, however this round is nutrient free, and printed me a copy.

Here are pics since nobody likes reading without being able to see.

Sorry for the bad pics. I'll try and photobucket some better ones when I've got more time.

View attachment 1249910
    View attachment 1249913
    View attachment 1249915
    View attachment 1249918
    View attachment 1249921
    View attachment 1249923
    View attachment 1249928
    View attachment 1249928

2. That's lookin nice! How are the temps in the garage? Those little Window units need to be ventilated well, so if hot air is being used to cool the condensor coil, the evaporator temps will rise. Maybe draw some cool air from outside if it is a problem. Run the light and the window unit for 24 hrs or until temps stabilize to make sure your girls don't get heat stroke!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Garage temps have been 85-95. Little room is insulated pretty good. I have 8" insulated duct and a 500CFM inline fan to install on the light this afternoon. Once I run my 24 hr test well see what we got to tweak. Im ready to pipe some cooler air from my crawl space if I need to. I also have some reflective paper to put on walls but that will be the last thing before plants.

My plan is to run lights at night when outside temps are lower to help heat room and so A/C doesn't have to struggle so much with high garage temps. During the day my A/C unit has a power saver mode so it doesn't always run but will still maintain 2 temp differential. And during the day the insulated room has been maintaining 82 as is which is almost perfect.

4. Here are a couple progress pics. I ran 8" insulated duct up to the peak of the roof for the light exhaust. This week I'm going to cut 4 roof vents in the garage to exhaust the light and help cool the garage. I'm also going to cut a couple louvered grills at the bottom of the old wood garage door and the back door to help draft the heat out of the garage so the A/C won't struggle. I need another 50' of duct to get cool air for the light, then ill post more pics.

5. Here are some progress pics and pics of my two day old clones.
    I finished piping the 8" insulated duct from the crawl space to the delta 8 hood to help air cool it.
    I bought a timer and will wire the 8" inline duct fan tomorrow so it only runs when the light runs. For now the exhaust from the fan goes directly to a mushroom vent I installed on the roof. Come winter I am going to just discharge it directly into garage to avoid freezing backdraft.

More pics to come. Hopefully I can start my 24 hr tests Sunday and throw my plants into flower Tues or Wed