first grow room with pictures inside. helpful ideas and thoughts are appreciated

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nevets88, Nov 28, 2011.

1. shit man looks great, except for the leaf problem. Get on handling that ASAP. its not gona fix it self.

2. How long are you going to veg for since your going for a lb a plant?

3. [quote name='"Greydayz"']shit man looks great, except for the leaf problem. Get on handling that ASAP. its not gona fix it self.[/quote]

Im doing some research to see what the cause could be. Going to flush really good today and mix up a new batch of nutes as well.

4. I got a few questions. What kind and how many lights are you useing and how many are in each room. Are there separate rooms to veg clone and keep mothers going as well as a flower room? I suggest keeping the lights as close to the plants as possible. It will help keep the light going through the full canopy. This way the plants wont stretch as much and take up room for bud production.

5. The leaf issue can be caused from many things. Have you checked all temps, humidity, and ph levels. What kind of nuitriants are you using? Is you mix too strong? Do you have enough air flow and movement? Are you over watering? The odds are it's one of these factors that are causing your issue. Are you growing in soil or coco? If you are using soil what kind is it? Some soils do have nutriants in them. Some have almost enough to last an entire grow.

6. Yowsah! I like that shot! OP... those plants are spindly.gotta veg em under some GOOD light! Nice setup tho.....................................

7. [quote name='"smokinafatty"']The leaf issue can be caused from many things. Have you checked all temps, humidity, and ph levels. What kind of nuitriants are you using? Is you mix too strong? Do you have enough air flow and movement? Are you over watering? The odds are it's one of these factors that are causing your issue. Are you growing in soil or coco? If you are using soil what kind is it? Some soils do have nutriants in them. Some have almost enough to last an entire grow.[/quote]

Growing in coco. And currently using bloom nutrients that come in the yellow bottles. Temp never reaches above 79, PH is 6.4, need to get a dehumidifier, And the PPM is at 700. have fans to move the air around and watering once a day with 30 gallons per room.

8. #28 WeekendWarrior, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
    Hey man check out the possibility of a Magnesium Deficiency

First off, do all of the above mentioned things!
    Check pH, yada yada..

Then
    Look at this link.

Grow Marijuana FAQ, Cannabis cultivation - marijuana growing tips & photos

Have you used any epsom salts in this grow? Depending on your water source, you may need to add them.

Also check out what one of my favorite GC members has to say:
    (I used to love reading his sh*t when I was too young to grow haha. He's a dick sometimes and it's funny. Also grows ridiculous plants!!!)

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/98459-epsom-salts.html#post1041261

There's also some good Nutrient deficiency threads on this site. Check 'em out!

Then, once again, check out your water source. You might need cal-mag or you might need just Mg. They compete with each other.
    Calcium is used more in veg growth than in flower

I know all of these things because I battle with a Mg deficiency in my current grow.

9. [quote name='"WeekendWarrior"']Hey man check out the possibility of a Magnesium Deficiency

First off, do all of the above mentioned things!
    Check pH, yada yada..

Then
    Look at this link.

Grow Marijuana FAQ, Cannabis cultivation - marijuana growing tips & photos

Have you used any epsom salts in this grow? Depending on your water source, you may need to add them.

Also check out what one of my favorite GC members has to say:
    (I used to love reading his sh*t when I was too young to grow haha. He's a dick sometimes and it's funny. Also grows ridiculous plants!!!)

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/98459-epsom-salts.html#post1041261

There's also some good Nutrient deficiency threads on this site. Check 'em out!

Then, once again, check out your water source. You might need cal-mag or you might need just Mg. They compete with each other.
    Calcium is used more in veg growth than in flower

I know all of these things because I battle with a Mg deficiency in my current grow.[/quote]

I always check the PH and PPM everyday and i use RO water. I also use calmag. Thanks for the reply and the links i will start reading them now. Appreciate the help alot.

10. 6.4 is way to high 4 ph shoot for 5.5 to 6.1 def looks like mag is getting lockout
    drop those damn lights. how much cal mag? ur bud might have gotten a pound per plant but I bet 3/4 of lb was mids and a 1/4 of it topshelf. drop the lghts get
    hoods, foilar feed with epsom and keep the ph in check. personally I don't ph anymore with coco it self buffers the ph and adding ph up/down only adds more salts too the mix which u have to watch out 4 build up. don't let the coco dry out thats when the nutes dry up into salt and r harder to remove. always have plenty of run off.

11. [quote name='"thesage3"']

6.4 is way to high 4 ph shoot for 5.5 to 6.1 def looks like mag is getting lockout
    drop those damn lights. how much cal mag? ur bud might have gotten a pound per plant but I bet 3/4 of lb was mids and a 1/4 of it topshelf. drop the lghts get
    hoods, foilar feed with epsom and keep the ph in check. personally I don't ph anymore with coco it self buffers the ph and adding ph up/down only adds more salts too the mix which u have to watch out 4 build up. don't let the coco dry out thats when the nutes dry up into salt and r harder to remove. always have plenty of run off.[/quote]

Im going to keep PH at 6 from now on. I think the problem is the salt build up from the coco drying like you mentioned. Im going to flush more often to not get that salt build up. How often should i flush? And i'm dropping the lights next time around. Im to far in and don't want to start tampering with things. Appreciate the help, thanks

12. personally I think you should shoot 4 the low end in the ph coco buffers but buffers best when it has to buffer low ph as cocos ph will naturally rise thru out the plants life.flushing in coco is risky, mainly cause the plant uses reverse osmosis to carry nutes from the roots to the shoots. flushing with plain water lowers the pressure in the medium causing the plant to equal out the pressure which you guessed it takes the nutes right back out of the plant. now in some cases this is what the plant needs but then defs show up and its a guessing game. your best bet is to feed with a complete fert one with micro and macro nutes but at a very low ppm. and to continue until they perk up. a good spring water would do too but can be risky just like a flush. ps use care with yellow bottle nutes/supplements they were the first to drop the ball on pgrs being used in there supplements. if your using their supps I suggest not using them in the last 3 to 4 weeks of flower.

13. [quote name='"thesage3"']

personally I think you should shoot 4 the low end in the ph coco buffers but buffers best when it has to buffer low ph as cocos ph will naturally rise thru out the plants life.flushing in coco is risky, mainly cause the plant uses reverse osmosis to carry nutes from the roots to the shoots. flushing with plain water lowers the pressure in the medium causing the plant to equal out the pressure which you guessed it takes the nutes right back out of the plant. now in some cases this is what the plant needs but then defs show up and its a guessing game. your best bet is to feed with a complete fert one with micro and macro nutes but at a very low ppm. and to continue until they perk up. a good spring water would do too but can be risky just like a flush. ps use care with yellow bottle nutes/supplements they were the first to drop the ball on pgrs being used in there supplements. if your using their supps I suggest not using them in the last 3 to 4 weeks of flower.[/quote]

Im going to drop the PPM like you said. But when i switch to 12/12 im going with connoisseur nutrients

14. [quote name='"thesage3"']

personally I think you should shoot 4 the low end in the ph coco buffers but buffers best when it has to buffer low ph as cocos ph will naturally rise thru out the plants life.flushing in coco is risky, mainly cause the plant uses reverse osmosis to carry nutes from the roots to the shoots. flushing with plain water lowers the pressure in the medium causing the plant to equal out the pressure which you guessed it takes the nutes right back out of the plant. now in some cases this is what the plant needs but then defs show up and its a guessing game. your best bet is to feed with a complete fert one with micro and macro nutes but at a very low ppm. and to continue until they perk up. a good spring water would do too but can be risky just like a flush. ps use care with yellow bottle nutes/supplements they were the first to drop the ball on pgrs being used in there supplements. if your using their supps I suggest not using them in the last 3 to 4 weeks of flower.[/quote]

Im going to lover the PPM till they look better like you. Also when i switch to 12/12 im going with connoisseur nutrients

15. Hi Nevets88, i'm having the same problems as you, just wondering if you solved the prob and how! thaks

16. [quote name='"GreenTeas"']Hi Nevets88, i'm having the same problems as you, just wondering if you solved the prob and how! thaks[/quote]

It was magnesium deficiency. I added a lil' more calmag. You can also use epson salt a tsp per gallon i believe it was.