First Grow, Romulan & Trainwreck

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by -afety_first, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Just thought I'd share some photos of my journey into the unknown. This is my first grow setup. It includes three separate grow boxes. The smallest box is intended for the clones. The middle box will be for the Mom's, and the big box is going to be for flowering.

My little ladies are of the Romulan and Trainwreck variety, both are hybrids. The Romulan is more setiva and the trainwreck is more indica, based on what I've been told.

As of today I've got the plants under a 65watt CFL @ 6500K in the cloning box. When they outgrow the current accommodations, I will transplant them into 3 gal. plastic pots, filled with delicious organic soil, and move them into the mother box with 5 23watt CFL @ 3500K. Hopefully four to six weeks from now I can take some clones. Then about another 4 weeks get the clones into the bubble buckets, veg for about 8 weeks total and then send em' into flowering in the big room.

More discussion & updates, and specific details about by grow box, lighting, construction methods, materials, cost, and functionality to come...

Hopefully this will be an enjoyable experience and a smooth transition from growing indoor tomatoes to growing some kick ass ganja. :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Update:

It’s day 3 and both plants are looking healthy and green. The trainwreck is showing a lot of horizontal growth, really starting to broaden and spread out. It’s going to be a bushy one for sure. The romulan is a little smaller, but starting to grow more leafs. Slowly this one’s looking better too.

My air temp is a bit low, at 60 degrees, but without a heater or any ventilation system setup yet. Getting the right temps and thermostat setup is the next item on my agenda.

Nutrients are also something I’m also considering. I’m open to suggestions from others, but I want to do my own research to find what will work best for my particular environment and strands. I’m planning on adding the first nutrients after I transplant to bigger pots.

Attached Files:

3. Can i Ask why you have chopped off some of the leaves? Did they turn yellow?

4. They were that way when I got them. They are looking more and more green every day now.

5. Update:

Had a major setback today...the romulan fell over and it looks pretty bad. It's not likely to survive. Still have the trainwreck and it's doing great. Room temp is 62 degrees after adding 23watt CFL to the mix.

More to come.

(Trainwreck top, Romulan under)

Attached Files:

6. Update:

Day 6. Both plants are doing well. The Romulan must have fixed itself or maybe it's just fighting to stay alive. Tuff little plants. I've added some Earth Juice (grow) to help with the veg process. There is a bit of yellow on some of the leaves, but I think it might have been the shock during the move. Oh well, I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see.

I'm planning on taking more pics as time goes on. More updates comming soon...

7. Day 8. Everythig is looking great. Soil moisture and PH are ideal. The plants are starting to show lots of new growth.

Attached Files:

8. I like this grow.
    Please transplant to something bigger soon. They need it. Do whatever you can to get the temps up above 60. Ideal would be from 65-75. Good luck.

9. Update:

Day 15. Everything is looking great after the transplant. The Trainwreck is look really bushy and the nodes are very close. The Romulan looks great too, finally starting to really take off. The temps in my small grow box are okay but not great, about 83. The CFL's are doing the trick, 5@23 watts = 8000 lum. aprox., pluss 1 65watt CFL.

Lets hope I have a green thumb and these plants should turn out great. I'm about to buy a ballast in the next few weeks...thinking a digital 600 watt HPS ought to do the trick and provide plenty of light for additional plants later on.
    Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

10. 83 degrees is fine. If you are at 83 degrees now with just CFL's, you might get into the 100's with that 600 watter. Make sure your room has a strong exhaust fan before you get the 600 because that sucker gets hot. I love the smoke of train wreck. I smoke some of that when I was in California. It came from a medicinal store. I have a friend who met the guy who cross bread trainwreck. They all live in the "emerald triangle" which is the three counties in California, [Trinity, Humboldt, and Mendocino] where the countries biggest weed production takes place.

11. lookin better than my 1st grow mate
    well done... oh and the strains
    u got me there too, both are on me wish list..lol
    lets hope the transplant brings some new green healthy growth
    i use a 600w hps for flower, me cabs 1.2mx1.2mx2.2m high
    i use a chinaman shade.........
    atm its summer where i am and the temps can get up there
    i try n keep the area relatively productive temp wise
    i use a 250mm lenco brand contintionuos rated exhaust (bathrom style)
    and for air in i have a 250mm spectrum brand inline axial fan
    i run both of these continuosly and keep the temps in lights on at 29-30c
    a 600 w will be a massive step up in temps,just make sure u keep it in check
    all the best mate
    bil

12. so you must be talkin about us :D , trainwreck is very unique, no other taste quite like it.. diesel compares but, not really.

13. Yes I see you live in Humboldt. Are you the breeder that designed train wreck?