First Grow!!! Ready to get started!!!

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by DreamingOfSweetChiba, Feb 24, 2019.

1. hi everyone, I’m new to this joint lol anyway I’m looking to get started. Small grow, thinking 4x4 tents (2), as I want to stagger a bit. Anyway tonight I’m looking to buy a tent, light, pots, fan etc. I’m looking at a $500 budget. I’m looking for suggestions on EVERYTHING. TIA everyone

2. Consider you also need a dehumidifier, humidifier, and if you have neighbors or don't want your smell to travel a mile you'll need a carbon filter with a fan. PH and PPM meter is very useful to if you're using chemical nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Keep saving man. That’s about your lighting budget for flower tent. About half that for veg. Then all your other pots, medium, fans, exhaust fan, carbon filter, nutrients, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Thanks boss, I am. On a budget tho, thinking of going with humidifier without the digital readout to save some budget. Dehumidifier, same. Ph meter was on my list, but not a ppm. I’m going to look into that now. Filter and 2 fans was the plan, intake and exhaust. Uh a thermometer with the humidity readout, can’t recall the name. Thinking 3 gallon pots???? Umm what else... duct 25 ft. Was trying to run one connected ventilation system on two 4x4’s. I’m going to post what I’m throwing in the cart, won’t checkout til I run it past. My main concern is affordable but adequate lighting.

5. Whoa what?! Ok here was my plan for the first tent, I’m waiting on Uncle Sam for my taxes for the second tent. I want to get a light, led/cob, pulling as much actual watts as possible (that the key right (aside from PAR)...And what exactly am I looking for PAR wise. Omg this is making me dizzy. I’ve read 300 & 700 are targets for each stage. Please don’t ask which is which. Uhhh anyway from what I’ve seen for the money I have, it’s looking like 300 actual draw max is what I could look forward to. What’s an ideal size for a 4x4?

6. More pertinent details... my medium as planned is soil. Plan on using nutrients, low stress training...

7. let's get it started... first grass is like a child... lost in memories :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 2
  8. You were right, $1,630.98 later and you were right!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Got all of that! Thanks

10. Lol!!! I feel like this applies to every single hobby

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yeah, it got out of hand pretty fast. But I’m confident in the set up though. And more than that, I don’t regret any of it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I’m with you. I was able to justify the money spent by the cost savings within few grows. This is one the few hobbies that has really paid for itself.

• Like Like x 1