First grow questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SirCatflap, Apr 12, 2017.

1. So this is my first proper attempt at growing and the girls are looking good! They're in week 5 of flower and going strong, but I have a few questions:

1. I defoliated most of the leaves and smaller branches below the canopy. A number of small branches have little popcorn buds forming. Is it worthwhile to let these grow or should I remove them to encourage the main cola to grow?

2. A few of the Blue Dream girls shot up right next to my light. They're about two inches away but seem to be doing fine. Should I leave them alone or should I tie them down a bit?

3. One of the colas from the biggest of the Blue Dreams has suddenly developed a weird yellowing pattern. It doesn't seem to have affected the rest of the plant yet. What's going on here?

The setup:

- SoG w/Blue Dream (left) & Master Kush (right) from fem seed
    - Perlite/vermiculite mix (5-1) in hempy tubs
    - Small tent (1.7m x 1.2 x 0.7)
    - 600W HID in cool tube
    - Daily feeding with Green House powder
    - pH 5.8

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1089.JPG IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1091.JPG IMG_1092.JPG

2. 1: In poor lighting conditions you will be correct..the 600whps is ample light however

2: ain't broke ...don't fix avoid burning tips

3: big closeup pic is good

IMO" move the taller plants to the sides the smaller to the middle, ensure the leaf tips are equal to the light

raise the pots if you can. I use video boxes ..lol

see the chart for the best height

[​IMG]

Good Luck

3. Thanks vostok! I've bent the taller stems away, everything's looking more even now.

I'll update as the harvest nears :)