First Grow Questions...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by iron chef, Feb 15, 2003.

1. I'm thinking about starting a small crop outdoors and I've never done it before, so naturally, I have a few questions...

1. I don't want my plants to get to big. Can I still get buds if I use a smaller bucket and my plants aren't as large?

2. What's a good base to start my plants in? I've heard that a 50/50 mix of perlite and potting soil is pretty ideal...

3. When do I start fertilizing, and what should I use?

2. I'm s first time grower and I've been asking questions about my stuff on many different forums.. So i'll just let you know what I feel the best advice I've got is

For your first question... I have no idea

For your second question, Yeah 50/50 Potting Soil/Perlite... I start my plants in small pots with 100% potting soil, then move em into buckes with the 50/50 mix..

As for fertilizer, You go to your local gardening store and buy a 20-20-20 fertilizer, start giving your plants small amounts (Somewhat less than it says to give them on the fert container) of ferts at 6-8 inches.. And start giving them the recommended amounts (on the package) at about 10 inches... Then when they flower you can use a 10-52-10 or ultra bloom kind of fert to increase bud size and shit

3. i don't see why you can't keep the height down even though you are going to grow outdoor.....firstly use an indica plant....naturally smaller and also top the plant as required to keep the height down.........Peace out....Sid

4. thanks a bunch. And sidious, I'm guessing that I can find information on topping in the grow guide in your sig?

5. yes.....if not let me know and i'll point you in the right direction.....Peace out....Sid