First grow questions!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nugbudder, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Like the title says, this is my first grow. One plant is from bag seed (sativa) and the other from a friend that ended up with a pollinated plant (sativa dominant hybrid). I started them a little late (germed first week of June) and they both started flowering in sync, showing sex in the second week of August.

I topped and LST'd to keep them as low as possible to protect them at night from our security light out back, they're hiding behind some tomato plants (and smell HEAVENLY).

I'm curious what you guys think of them. What kind of yield could I expect? And any guesses on how long until harvest? I'm hoping 2-3 weeks but I know to wait until I start seeing amber trichomes.

One last thing; should I do anything to try to repair the obvious nute deficiency (yellowing/drying leaves) at this point or just let'em go?

Thanks for any thoughts/advice! :)

Attached Files:

2. It doesn't look like nute deficiency, my pants do the same thing this far into flower... I usually make sure they're getting some nitrogen but most plants do this as they are focusing more energy on the actual buds instead of the leaves, also I usually start my flush when I see 10% milky trichomes unless I see a clear deficiency. That rarely happens to me, I make sure they've had all they need by this point... You'll start seeing them swell more very soon and all the pistils will turn orangeish and recede into the calyxes. My loupe is a 60-100x so I can get a very clear look at the trichomes plus I don't see the best anymore. I pull when I see around 10% amber, on some strains I'll wait until it's see 50% but rarely, I don't like couch lock I prefer the uplifting feeling more. As far as yield is concerned I'd say maybe an ounce? And it looks like 2-3 weeks away to me, the photos are a little blurry... Other than that they look like they're healthy little girls, hope they do well and good luck on your harvest...

Sent from my LGMS345 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks zeroeonez, that really helps put my mind to rest!

I haven't given them any nutes for about a week. I fed them 50% what the label said, less than once a week since I've read it's better to underfeed than overfeed (20-20-20 during veg and 5-10-10 in flower). I wasn't planning on giving them any more but the yellowing had me a bit worried. I gave them a tiny bit of molasses last watering (1/4 tsp in a litre) and was thinking of doing one more watering with molasses tomorrow before giving them nothing but water until harvest.

Thanks again for your reply, really appreciate it brother!

4. If it was me, I'd give them another 75% bloom nutes at least and I've always watered almost every day with the molasses up until maybe one week before chop and the smoke (my opinion) is smoother, sticky-er, and overall better than without it. Are you growing organic? I personally only grow organic so if I end up with a short time to flush its okay due to the fact that in organics you feed the soil, not the plant (very basically I mean, there is alot to learn on that subject). The plant takes what it needs when it needs it which makes it hard to give too much, the soil buffers for you and lastly the product tastes and smells better and is more potent when growing organically. These are my opinions only...

But really the first few grows are paramount to getting good at it. You'll start to learn that it's more about responding to what the plant shows you it needs. Every time I run outdoors I learn something new but I love the challenge and I truly love to give these plants the best lives they can have, they give so much more in return.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm using triple mix soil, not sure if that counts as organic?

It truly is a labour of love. I've learned so much on the fly this first grow. I know I made some mistakes along the way, e.g. trimmed some big fan leaves not long ago when they went yellow, thinking I was saving it energy from having to recover them. Later learned the plant could be using them for nutrients but it's all in the name of learning. I visit the garden everyday and it's been a spectacular experience watching them go from little seedlings to where they are now. I can't wait to do it all again!

I'll give them another shot of bloom nutes and continue with the molasses as you suggested, you rock!