first grow questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TurboDiesel, Jan 24, 2013.

1. hey whats up everyone? ive been trying to read and gather as much info as possible on my first grow. im going to go cfl for my first and was wondering where everyone buys there bulbs. i tried walmart and the biggest they had was 55w. also i wanted to know if i can use these for my bulbs. http://www.lowes.com/pd_72577-334-738V-SP-L_4294722558__?productId=1099209&Ns=p_product_avg_rating|1&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_avg_rating|1&facetInfo=
    i have a pool ph test strip kit, can that be used to test my water? what tester would i use for my soil? thanks in advance, im sure i will have more questions very soon.

2. IMO and its just mine you don't have to test your soil so that's done

The plug sockets you put up there will work great homedepot has them and better bulbs

If you invest more now you will also smoke more later just a rule for all time ,money , effort

Sent from iPhone 5

3. As freeborn said i dont test my soil either .. If u ph ur water u should know ur soil hp , every now n then i test drain water if its enought to dip my meter :p

Pool ph test wotks fine .. Ph drops are 2$ just incase i always have them sometimes meters act funky

Cfls are weak so lollipop a lot to keep those tops goin .. Dont over think it its just a plant .. Gl ;)

Hope this helps
    Cheers

4. thanks for the info guys

5. i found a sweet hydro shop near my house. they carry fox farms soil, he told me happy frog is a good beginner soil so i might start with that. ive heard on here to add perlite to the soil but he said it already has it in it? also they carry 200 watt cfls. im guessing thats good enough for 2 plants?

6. Definitely add perlite to happy frog. Lots of people use it as-is but it has very little perlite in it resulting in compaction and poor drainage, which makes it easier to overwater and suffocate the roots. I add 5 gal to a 2 cu ft bag, that's 25/75 or 1:3

7. thanks alot not sure

8. first grows gonna be bagseed...always had fire so im not worried about it.

9. and why is that?

10. Its ur first grow ..will most likely have probs like we all did so i would suggest that u dont spend much keep simple soil and go for the bag seed see if it sprout ..

Hope this helps
    Cheers

11. BDS is a known rip off site. DO NOT USE.

12. thanks for the tip man

13. haha i figured he was a spammer...he posted the same thing on another page

14. 2 200w cfls good enough for 4 plants? also do timers work off electrical power or battery? because my lights are going to be on a switch and dont want my timing to get messed up if someone hits it.

15. anyone? would that give me a good yield or do i need more?

16. 200 cfl is okie for 1 dubt can push more than 2 small plants .. Just keep em till u sex find the females and pick strongest 1 or 2 ... And timers run on electric so ull need to keep it on set time and it would turn on and off for u whenever u set it to ...

Hope this helps
    Cheers

Rep if i did :p

17. what does dubt mean?

18. what can i use to stop light from getting out a window/screen but will allow fresh air to go through?

19. Fan, ducting, plywood

Exhaust, right?

20. no i wasnt gonna buy a fan/carbon filter till later on. and theres only one window so its prty much my only source of fresh air.