First grow questions and progress

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Toxicjeeper, Apr 18, 2019.

1. I have started 4 plants indoors and plan to move them outside june 1 to 30 gallon smart pots. The big kicker is i have to leave for a month and am unsure if the 3 gallon pots they are in now will be big enough to carry them till they go in 30gallon grow pots outside. They are about 16 to 18 inches tall now. I added a picture for reference. Should these plants be ok till june 1 in 3 gallon pots? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. I'll assume you have someone to water for that month but otherwise they should do fine.
    What light cycle are you running?

BNW

3. Yes i have a care taker for the water and knocking back the timer 15 mins a week to get lined up with sun time. Should be almost identical in 6 weeks when june 1 hits. I am workjng kn mixing the soil today for the 30 gallon pots but am a bit unsure exactly what mix to use. I plan on leaving the soil to cook in garbag bags while im gone.

4. The light is currently at 17 on 7 off. I was also wondering can i put the grow bags in the ground? Its very sandy soil so digging the holes isnt a problem. It would also help with hieght issues as i plan on putting a dog run cage around them with a chicken wire roof..its only 6 foot tall is the only problem.

5. Got everything needed for subcools supersoil formula except bat gono. The saleperson at the store suggested i use extra bone meal or glacier rock cant remeber which. Is this gonna be a problem or should i search for some bat gono? 20190418_134029.jpg

6. I don't know if you have any sort of gopher problem or not, but I would advise putting your grow bags on top of hardware cloth to prevent any possibility of gophers or voles/moles eating through your bags. That has happened to me on several occasions and the hardware cloth stopped it.

7. Can i bury the grow pots? I would prefer to bury them

8. Being a cheap bastard I couldn't justify the cost of most guano and I opted for Composted Chicken Manure and it works just fine.

[​IMG]

Lowes about $4.00 a bag.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good info..i have about 40 chickens currently..j may save the stuff for compost next time i clean out coop.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mixing of the super soil... 20190419_095146.jpg i may have way more than i need..lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's odd.
    I have a yard full of holes, but nothing messes with my plans.
    Lucky me, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I do plan to bury my 30 gal smart pots..need the extra height in my cage. I repotted to 3.5 gal buckets today in anticipation of my 4 to 5 week leave from the ladies. I was surprised to see the roots were already growing out the drain holes of the pots they were in 20190419_181457.jpg ..

13. Alight boys..i need a formula to buikd enough led lights for a 5 x 9 room...im already running out of light.

14. I advise raised beds i want to keep it away from as much as possible.

And i really like to the idea of Containers even 30-50gal being able to move them if i have too.

JMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15. So i should keep the 30 gal pots on pallets?

16. I broke this branch off a plant last tuesday do lst 20190421_132015.jpg and tried to root it..it looks like this today...is it gonna survive?

17. Can i bury the grow pots? I would prefer to bury them
    Is there reason why you cant put your soil right into the hole no container?

18. No i can do that as well. I didnt realize we could do that. Thought the nuts or microbos might migrate away from the plant.

19. #metoo

20. I go straight in the ground. People warn about gophers. Fingers crossed, no problem yet.