First grow question...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by freeskierpj, May 4, 2008.

1. Well I just germinated my seeds for my first grow ever and I have looked around a lot still no luck finding the info but when I plant the germinated seeds a little bit under the soil do they need light or do they stay in darkness? Also when do you start them on 24/7? Right after they sprout? And when do you move down to 18/6? I read somewhere it was around after the 4th layer of leafs when you start LSTing but I can't find that again and I don't wanna do something based on what I remember from a while ago when I could be completely wrong...Thanks for any help!

2. You can either put them under light right away, or wait until they sprout, as long as the soil stays moist with a spray bottle.
    24/7 or 18/6 is up to you and your setup. Do you want more light or do you want to save money? 20/4 is also an option to get the best of both.
    You can start LST anytime as long as your gentle and do it properly, but yes thats about a good time to start as long as they arent stretching or have issues.

3. Alright thanks for the quick response!