First grow question!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bamazing, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hey GC,

So this will be my first grow and has been in planning for some time now. I have decided to go with 2 separate grow tents 2.4m x 1.2m x 2m with 2 600w HPS for
    flower and 2 600w MH for veg. all of the lights will be cooltube. I am wondering about my exhaust and intake. will a 8" 450 cfm inline duct fan be enough to pull air through 2 cooltubes and a carbon filter? or should i look for a higher CFM fan?
    Going to be running the exact same fan for intake. Both fans will have controls to adjust cfm. This is the same plan for both of the tents at the moment.
    Seeds are on their way !
    Any help for tips would be greatly appreciated, happy smoking

2. #2 FrickinA, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    use both fans for exhaust... dont bother with intake, enough pressure will be created buy the outtake. Just out of curiosity, why not do 1x1000w HPS and 1x1000W MH for flower and veg, respectively? Seems like it would be a lot simpler considering its only 200W less. Is it just for spreading out the light coverage?

3. hey thanks, well im think of only starting with 1 600w hps and 1 600 MH and then i can expand with another of each after some experience and money etc.
    So i will just use the fans for exhaust on a Y duct join ? and just natural intake ?

4. [quote name='"Bamazing"']hey thanks, well im think of only starting with 1 600w hps and 1 600 MH and then i can expand with another of each after some experience and money etc.
    So i will just use the fans for exhaust on a Y duct join ? and just natural intake ?[/quote]

Yup. Passive intake is fine. Intake fans are a waste.

5. I would probably use two seperate exhaust vent as opposed to a Y-duct. That will cause airflow restriction and I doubt youll be getting the most out of each fan.