First grow, question about taking clones from bloom cycle

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mjk, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Its the first grow and all of the plants are about to enter the bloom cycle. Since i grew from seeds, i have no moms to take clones from.

Should i set aside a few plants to be moms to take clones from or should i let all the plants flower and then take the clones about halfway into the flower cycle?

I was going to set some plants aside but now im thinking otherwise after reading this: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1003591-turn-one-flowering-plant-into-many-clones.html?p=13864219

What do you think?

2. Why can't you take a few now?

3. Take the clones now? I guess i could but then they'd be vegging for almost 10 weeks before the bloom room is done harvesting.

4. you never take clones off a plant in flower...you always do it in veg mode.

reason: you will shock the plant and retard bod growth if not cause it to hermie.

keep one or two mother plants to take clones from...somewhere down the line you may want to use a clone as a new/added mother as well.

^^^^ that and they root slow as hell and take time to reveg, you could grow a whole new plant in that time.

6. Tried cloning a early flowering Hindu Kush (waited too long and couldn't get it to clone!) Took 2 months before rooting... :eek:

7. See thats what i thought. Thats what ive been reading this whole time until i read that post i linked.

Did anyone read that post? @[member="BadKittySmiles"] contradicts everything you guys just said.