First grow Purple Express Automatic

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jeckelthelo, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Well this will hopefully be a complete grow log of my first grow. I am currently growing purple express (Auto) and the lights are on 20/4 this is only on its second week since the germination started on 1-27.
    I plan on using advanced nutrients grow micro bloom aswell as some molasses. Since this is my first grow and would much rather not mess it up by nutrient burn, any tips?
    Anyway here she is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to post them in order so hopefully it worked out. I'm also growing this in a 2x2x4 tent.

The lighting well.. it's different, I'll try not to unveil that until the end if the yield ends up decent.

Well, any tips, tricks, or helpful thoughts? Let me know and I will try and keep you all updated as often as I can.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. By the pictures im guessing you are using two e27 LED grow 23 watt bulbs, may work well for the first weeks of veg but personally I dont think you will be able to get very far with it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those are just to be used as a spot light for this stage. I have better lights higher. They are just fixed higher

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Jeckelthelo, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Just a small update I got some new pots they are smaller just 5" jiffy pots. Not sure how common they are but I thought I'd try it out. I failed to take pictures of the roots in the cup before I transplanted it over, due to the fact that I was dealing with a root mass and didn't want to damage it. The roots looked amazing and I took it out before it became root bound, and that was one of my major concerns. I don't know when I should start to add my nutrients.. or even how much to add.. if any one wants to que in that would be awesome. I stated in my first post what I am going to use as nutrients. But as the title says it is my first grow and I don't want to f it up. I thought I did when I seen a piece of root popping out of the solo cup and when I attempted to put it back in the cup a small quarter of an inch piece broke off. I thought I messed it all up, but I seen today that the root was perfectly fine and it ended up wrapping itself nearly around the whole cup. Well here are a few pictures as an update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a little dirt on her as I transplanted, but I cleaned her off using a spray bottle with distilled water.
    Well let me know what you think, and the date you see on the pot is the day I started germination. Just saying. Haha

Welp.. time to medicate and relax.

I know I tried being dumb and not show my lights, it's because I honestly didn't want to get hate for using them. But here is the set up. I raised the spot lights to promote a little bit of stretch, but there she is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have an awesome day by the way.:)

5. everything looking good bro no real stretch leaves look good plant looks happy

6. Oh, I know there hasn't been any stretch which is why I want to promote it a little. I think I remember reading how the leaves shouldn't touch the soil.

Plus nothing wrong with a little stretch early on.

I hope I get a good yield. Hahah.

7. Just sharing some more photos of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. No need to water today, she is still heavy from yesterday.
    Here are some of the questions on my mind...

When would be a good time to start introducing nutrients(advanced nutrients grow, micro, bloom as well as molasses.)

What are the little specks on her leaves?

When would be a good time to micro top her?

Should I leave the lights high to encourage stretch or should I lower them?

I just don't want to mess her up; any tips or tricks let me know. Anywho here she is this morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a good morning and hope your enjoying my grow so far despite how early she is in.

9. Three weeks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

10. That's what I was thinking, I need to get something to measure it with any way.

The photos from today mark the second week.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The specs on the leaves can be either that the soil is to hot or the leaves were burned from the lights being to close or to intense.

Your soil should supply nutrients for the first 3 weeks minimum before you have to feed.

You won't have to water for at least a week. Your plant at this tag isn't really drinking that will start around weeks 4 or 5 with autos. Resist the urge to water which is a problem I think all growers have had at some point.

Let's can be closer seeing that they aren't as hot as hps or hid. The plant will stretch either way that's what plants do unless you lst suppercropp ect.

I've not come across any purple express posts it's good to see. Here is a purple express. 35days from seed

Good luck Bro

Attached Files:

12. No way can that be 35 days from seed, that's insane, that's in full on flower

13. No lie

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14. Damn... that's such a huge difference then where I am at haha. That looked more like 35days.. into flower. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well another day is here and I notice things changing day by day. Today she looks as if she is more perked up. She was really dry /light due to the low humidity of my grow room so I gave her some water this morning. Then as I'm sitting here I'm reading the bottle of Nutes and it has a recommended dose for seedlings/early veg. So I did it. 1ml of grow micro and bloom in a 1ltr bottle of distilled water. And I fed her a little. Obviously I didn't use the whole 1ltr bottle.

I hope she reacts well to this. It is her first "feed"

Any way here she is, the star of this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Soooo I know it's early and I know I'm rushing everything but last night I topped her as well as gave her her first feeding. I know it probably was to soon but I wanted to try and see how it works out. Here are some pictures of her as of today. Really perked up today too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She looks good today so let's just see how she grows:3

17. i would have waited until it had a few nodes on the plant before topping. when you topped it, did you take the branches coming off the node too? thats what gives it the two tops. if you took those tops off too then I'm not sure if new ones will grow back or not. also how far away are you keeping the light? kinda looks like your leaves are reaching for it

18. If you look at picture 10 it show you how high the first set of lights are. I know it was to soon, I got impatient, now the regret is sitting in>.<

19. Trust me brother you gotta be patient you will ruin your outcomes nothing you do will speed the process up. No nutes lights products soil nothing! All you can do is buy thing to effect the health and quality

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20. Oh and no I didn't cut the little branches. Just stay tuned and you'll see how she turns out haha