FIRST GROW...problem with seedling

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Legalizit, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Now now boys... no need to get all bitchy about it

Look, nobody needs more thought police k? Whatever the thread started about, someone mentioned taking cuts from flowering plants... and, like I see everywhere, people get it wrong. If you don't take on board the little bit of knowledge I'm trying to share, nobody "wins"...do they? I'm not trying to beat anyone in an internet fight. That might be how you see these back and forths... not me

Cornerstone bro, I can tell you're not experienced with the method of revegging a plant. I'm urging you to learn more and stick with it, in case in future you want to take clones of a plant which you really like which is in flower. Maybe the clones you took in veg might die, maybe a plant you didn't like the look of in veg takes your fancy in flower.

Lose the misconceptions dude, because they'll benefit you in no way as a grower. It's a shame that some people take a message like this as confrontational. People are insecure about what they know, or rather what they don't. I don't mean you any offense, I am talking from experience and telling you for a guaranteed fact cannabis loses nothing tangible in the process of re-vegging and I know because I do it time and time again, with no noticeable difference. That knowledge might benefit you in the future some time. You never know. Just don't dismiss it out of hand

You can go back to your seed thing now. Good day ;)

2. Don't get heated up over it.

Listen, we say what we say to each other, then it's a measure of our judgement how we extrapolate the relevant bits of information amongst all the words used. Only very few of them stand out, those that matter.

From two posts above, the main thing which stands out like a beacon from everything you typed is this: "I WAS very open to the idea to start with.. I hoped to god it would save a few of my favorite strains of all time but I ended up tossing them every time.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just putting it straight, if a little blunt, but a lot of people bring up the number of years they've been growing, like it validates their opinion... but then they say something which really does or rather invalidates the claim.

If you have tossed every plant you have had then you have made a serious error somewhere along the line. There's no more to it than that and, again, with all due respect, I don't need to buy strains and reveg them to prove it to myself, because if you'd read my posts you would know that I'm doing it right at this very minute and the plants that have resulted are the most vigorous in the whole room. They are the most vigorous because they are beastly bad ass jack47 bitches and that's the whole reason I re-vegged them and spent 4 weeks doing so from a harvested bud! I've already told you this.

If they had lost anything in vigour, growth rate, or anything else, don't you think I would have ditched them?

And this is the point I'm making. You're talking about every time you've done this it hasn't worked out for you... and I'm saying every single time I've done it, without one exception, it has worked perfectly. The onus is absolutely 100% on you to take this information and use it for your own ends. Please understand what I'm trying to say here. I'm treading a fine line between being straight and being respectful. Tone is a hard thing to get across online. But you've got to understand, it's you who has a problem with this method, for whatever reason, and not me. That says something, and it's not about the method, with all due respect.

I will be more than happy to share some pictures right now with you. These plants are not just as good as the fresh seed stock they're in with, they're better. They're keepers and without a doubt if you had them in your room you would agree.

3. Here's a couple of pics. Believe me, I'll be more than happy to show you how they yield as well bro. No problem. Any info I can provide I'll be happy to.

You are an experienced grower and you can judge for yourself what constitutes rapid vegetative growth, as can I. I have kandy kush, grapefruit krush, purple haze, afghan kush, blue dream haze, sour diesel, sunshine daydream all from seed... without a doubt there is ample comparison to make with regards the vigour of these babies.

This is just 10 days of vegetative growth, before and after.

Attached Files:

4. The truth? Passive aggressive? Whoa... slow down man...

You talked about a challenge. This plant can do a gram per watt no problem. It's all about numbers and figures, and if you are confident you can do roughly 20oz with a 600w bulb and you have a plant which you are sure about and have run time and again, then you're welcome to lead the way and I'll be there to watch. Without a doubt you will nod your head at the end and you will be a believer ;)

For me, this plant is proof that no matter how late you leave it, it can come back as strong as ever.

As for all the personal stuff, please, don't lower the tone. I am not being aggressive towards you in any way and even though you might interpret it as a personal dig, I'm just being straight with you. We're both men, so man up. This technique works, and I can prove it to you with pictures and everything :D If you want to turn away with your fingers in your ears that's entirely up to you mate.

5. I keep mother plants as well by the way, and a re-vegged clone doesn't necessarily have to go all the way to bud, it can be a few weeks into flower. This is the thing, I can't remember exactly what happened, but for one reason or another I never cloned this plant, or I did and lost the clone, honestly I can't remember what the fuck happened, I might have been in the middle of a re-jig and not had a veg space or something. Anyway, I had no clone of this plant, and that was shit, because she's a killer. I'm sure loads of people will find themselves in this position for one reason or another and I'm just saying don't worry... clone that girl.

If she's a treasured cut, or a keeper from a last round, it would be absolutely stupid, or at the very least a shame to let her go because someone told you flowering plants lost their vigour and never would grow the same again.

It's a complete myth and unfortunately I get the impression that I could go on to you all day, and post as much information, pictures, harvest weights etc etc, and you still wouldn't believe me. That's fair enough, but as long as other people reading have an alternative view to what was incorrectly posted a couple of pages back, that's good with me.

Take what you will out of this. Or don't. Either way, peace out man.

6. #106 TheWatcher, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Don't put words into my mouth fella. I never said that at all and if you think I did it says a lot about your comprehension skills. What I said was I wouldn't advise anyone to take a fresh, fully mature bud... a bud that they would otherwise dry and smoke, and stick it in a pot of soil and wait 3 or 4 weeks for it to pop out a baby shoot and grow that... That's what I said. I was just giving an example of what extremes you can go to and still get a healthy plant from it.

And I didn't say flowering clones don't grow the same either. I said they initially grow lots of spindly shit. Initially .... it's part of the re-vegging process and if it's beyond someone to grab a pair of scissors and cut it away then it's probably beyond them to take a clone at all. The plant will grow out of that and from that point it is a perfectly normal vegging plant. This isn't hard to understand, but you're dealing with it like it's rocket science.

Look mate, I'll be 100% straight as an arrow with you, I am saying that you are not familiar with taking clones and flowering them.... properly

That's not a personal dig, it's not even a dig at all, it's a statement of fact.
    If I go into another thread now and say to some random stranger "hey, don't bother cloning cannabis because most of the time it doesn't work... you're best just starting from seed every time" It's only right if someone pulls me and says look man, you're doing something wrong. There are right ways to clone and you mustn't be doing them....

Now if I want to take that advice on board that's ok. Or I can stick my fingers in my ears and tell him to fuck off.... call him passive aggressive of whatever other bullshit I want to throw at someone just for trying to steer me right.

Now you posted something which you quickly deleted, and in that post you show a lack of really basic knowledge which surprised me. You said my plant had pre-flowers, which shows a sign of stress....

My plant is in its 8th day of flower dude.

Then you said it had "spindly undergrowth"...

Mate, they're side shoots. They're what will form a solid cola if all things go well.

Now you can take all this shit as me just singling you out of nowhere and trying to rip you up... but then you've got to rationalise.. why the fuck would I want to do that?
    I don't know you, I've never spoken to you before... what the fuck?

Mate, you're talking about something which I am banging my head on a brick wall trying to get through to you that you definitely do not know how to do properly.. you might have tried it but obviously, for whatever reason, it didn't work, and it had nothing to do with the cannabis It did have something to do with your methods. I've met plenty of stubborn people in my time and you're just another.

I've told you to try these methods and I'm 100% up for the idea you proposed of starting a thread to document our experiences with taking a clone from a plant in flower. If you still want to do that I'm cool with it, because I am 100% sure you'll admit at the end that you were wrong.

If you want to , let's go. If you just want to repeat your personal shit, go for it. But that's it from me on this dude. Take it easy.

7. They're flowering nicely, but something strange is going on. My shorter plant is flowering faster than the larger one. It looks like it's days behind the other.
    IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg
    Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

8. [quote name='"Dantastic"']They're flowering nicely, but something strange is going on. My shorter plant is flowering faster than the larger one. It looks like it's days behind the other.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?[/quote]

Is your area completely light proof? Your bigger one may have a little light shining on it in it's dark periods which from what I've read can drastically stunt your flowering process. Which make sense seeing a it's the bigger one it has more susceptible to accidentally catch light fragments.

9. I think you may be right. I have a clone just a few feet away from the tent under 24hr light. I wasn't worried about encasing it because I tested my tent and found no light leaks. This was before I installed an inline fan at the top of the side facing it lol. I also put a passive intake in the bottom of the same side, and used white ducting. I encased the clone and light in black/white poly now. I think this should fix my problem. Thanks for the suggestion raptor. Do you know if the light leak might have caused an issue that I can't address? I know plants can hermie pretty easily. Hopefully all goes well.

10. [quote name='"Dantastic"']I think you may be right. I have a clone just a few feet away from the tent under 24hr light. I wasn't worried about encasing it because I tested my tent and found no light leaks. This was before I installed an inline fan at the top of the side facing it lol. I also put a passive intake in the bottom of the same side, and used white ducting. I encased the clone and light in black/white poly now. I think this should fix my problem. Thanks for the suggestion raptor. Do you know if the light leak might have caused an issue that I can't address? I know plants can hermie pretty easily. Hopefully all goes well.[/quote]

As long as you fixed it as soon as you could you should be alright, but your right it's not difficult to Hermy a plant. So I would watch carefully and if you see any balls start to form just cut em' off before they blow pollen all over your crop, and you should be fine.

11. Raptors comment could very well be right on! Good call man.. But as far as your plants go their looking healthy! Very cool..

12. Dan, are they both from seed?

13. Anyway, just in case dantastic isn't talking to me anymore :D if your plants are both from seed then don't expect them to flower the same. They're not clones and even if they're the same strain they'll probably flower at different rates.

14. the watcher here could also be right.. a lot of the time even clones dont flower at the same exact rate.. sometimes enviornmental factors will slow a plants maturation rate blah blah blah... but definitely check the light issue, make sure thats under controll and you should be good.. itl pick up.. with seed you have a better chance of getting two different phenotypes than you do getting the same so theres a good chance that these WILL always grow differently... not a problem, just a differance.. you may find one is more sativa than indica.. or one may not grow right, happens a lot.. not your fault, just a crappy pheno.. you never know with seed exactly what your gonna get, although i will say that from what ive seen of the critical kush, the growth patterns seem pretty similar with all the ones ive seen so it looks pretty stable.. still, youl have to grow them out to know for sure.. how they doin now dantastic?

15. They turned out really nice. Really good smoke, got 6oz dry. Going to run the strain one more time in a flood table. Should go smoothly this time haha.

16. #116 xXTUNAXx, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    plant1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plant 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant 1 and 2 have roots that are visible, the rest cannot be seen yet.

plant 3

[​IMG]

plant 4

[​IMG]

Plant 5 This plant was seeded late in case on died, and I am glad I did. This one is popped out of rock wool about 3 days ago.

[​IMG]

Whats happening with this. I have temp at ~75-78 deg F humidity at 50-55%. LED light.
    This is my system. I bought it all for $100 from a guy that decided he didnt want to grow.

[​IMG]

There is some nutes in the water 1/4 strength, and the PH is 5.8 right now
    LED light is 180 watts.

Please advise

17. #117 xXTUNAXx, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    Oh and the plant with the bag on it is a new seedling that i started late called "Plant 5"
    here is pick of "her" (hopefully)