FIRST GROW...problem with seedling

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Legalizit, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Thanks man. These little monsters are growing fast lol. You're going to try to critical kush? Awesome! The cheesequake looks great. I'd never heard of subcool before, but I'm reading really good things. What did you end up ordering?

2. Do you have experience with kush? If you do, when do you think I should flower? I'm not sure how much stretch I'll see once I do. My tent is just a little over 5', but I have less space than that if you consider the room the light needs. I'm going to buy a 4' x 4' x 7' tent when this harvest is done.

3. I don't have experience with critical kush no, my experience with kush in general is relatively limited to be honest, I've grown out 3 different kush strains, (og from r.p., kandy kush r.p., and o.g. From dynafem) all of which did stretch quite a bit in flower, due to their sativa dominance.. I'd allow for the plants height to double (at least) allowing for space from the light.. I'm not sure of critical kush though, I'm actually watching your thread for a heads up of what's to come because I did order it today.. Along with the cheese quake and some freebies.. Got heavy duty fruity, black diesel, and black star I think... As far as subcool goes, he's a f'in genius man! As far as I'm concerned, one of the best growers/breeders on the planet right now.. All of his genetics are phenomenal! To me, if you can stabilize a strain to the point of only having 2 phenos your fucking good! That's what I've been reading, the typical cheese quake only has 2 notable phenos! That's HUGE! I mean, without engineering them in a lab that would take years.. :) it's what I do for a living so I've got some admiration there if you can't tell..

4. I should clarify, I breed and biologically engineer crops like corn for a living.. Not cannabis.. :) ..

5. #45 Dantastic, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Big spender lol. I'm going to order some subcool seeds on the recommendation of a biological engineer friend I have.... :p. I did take a look today, and read some reviews, and thought his strains look straight amazing. I'll keep you posted all the way through my grow for sure. Two phenotypes seems pretty crazy (from my basic understanding). You've got me pretty amped to give sub's strains a try now haha. So should I consider super cropping them soon? They're about a foot each now...in both directions :). I'm considering putting them into flower in the next two weeks. I know I just posted pics, but here are a couple more so you can get a good look.
    IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

6. Yeah, it's really a pretty jacked up term for what we do and calling myself a bio geneticist sounds cool and feels good some times but really I'm just a stoner that works with a bunch of other really REALLY geeky stoners to make corn grow big lol.. It does on the other hand give me a good understanding of how cannabis breeding works.. I really wish it was legal, do you have any idea what we could do With it in a lab?.. Well g-13 is a perfect example, idk if that story is actually true, no one does.. Any how, yes! People start fiming or topping at about the fourth set of leaves, they're definitely ready.. Damm dude those have some tight growth.. You still using CFl's? And I mean tight inter nodal growth.. Not like tight as in I'm a jersey shore cool guy.. I'm truly just not that cool :) ..

7. You do crack me up though lol. They're under the 400w mh still. They do have super tight node spacing. If you were "jersey shore cool" we wouldn't be speaking haha. So do you think top, fim, or super-crop the top?

8. honestly i think the fimming thing is kinda the same as topping, it leaves the illusion that it causes 4 tops but from my research it only really leaves 2.. honestly ive never tried it so i dont know a hell of a lot about it, i just top em because i clone and cycle my ladies and that seems to work well for me.. i also do a lot of branch bending/training.. seems to help the yeild with some strains and id definitly recomend it to everyone but sometimes it really just makes more smaller flowers.. depends on the strain.. hearier/stockier plants seem to respond better to it.. id just top if i were you, its easy and its effective.. branch bending is a little trickier.. that video i posted earlier is def a good one.. and yeah, not a jersey shore kinda guy either lol... LOVE BIG BROTHER THOUGH! its soooo bad but its soooooo good at the same time.. :)

9. I've never watched it haha. Maybe I'll check it out. I'll top them then. I noticed this today. I'm going to read up on it tonight, but thought you might now what it's from.
    IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

10. looks to me like calcium deficiency.. check your p.h... a lot of the time with organics they will break down and get hot.. i.e. causing calcium to not get absorbed..are you using cal-mag? if your p.h. is around 5 use a p.h. up to get it to around 6 to 6.5.. thatl get you in the comfort zone, then use cal-mag to suppliment your plants.. also it COULD be boron def. if everything else is on the up n up id sugest checking your nutes for boron, if its not an available micro nute buy one that has it.. jacks classic for example.. cheap easy to use.. its a chemical but it wrx for stupid shit like that.. i use it every third feed for an over all coverage.. most pro growers scoff at it but ive been doin this for yrs and honestly its a classic lol.. its simple but its great.. this is the problem with water culture.. you need to be spot on! if you miss one lil thing you come up short.. on the other hand, once you get it perfect it is the best way to go..

11. You're going to kick me for this....
    The last time I replaced my water, I had mixed in half-strength nutes again....oops. Totally flaked. I replaced my water today, and added full strength nutes. I use distilled water. Here's a shot of my micro nutes label. Seems to cover common dificiencies. Let me know what you think. My ph stays stable at 6.2.
    IMAG0048.jpg

12. well, idk, honestly mixing nutes at half strength isnt a bad thing.. especially in veg.... but that may be the problem and youl find out pretty quickly i guess.. p.h. is perfect at 6.2 really, doesnt get much better than that.. a lot of people suggest as low as 5.8 but i think that as long as your inbetween 5.8 and 7 you should be good to go.. you may still want to use some cal-mag though.. not consistantly but maybe every third time you change your water or so.. im pretty sure most h2o growers would suggest the same.. when i was doing waterculture i never had a problem with deficiancies at all and i never used cal-mag but i didnt use distilled water.. i live in the boonies so i just used my tap water.. which is rich in minerals like calcium ect....

13. I'm going to get some from my local guy, he said he's got botanicare cal-mag. I wish I had your boondock water lol. Mines heavily chlorinated with a ph of close to 8, so I buy distilled. It's cheap. I noticed that my plants have an enormous root system when I pulled them out today :). They're going to fill the pale soon.

14. thats great! very good sign..are they white?... for 25$ more you can probably get the liquid karma.. shit is amazing! its basically a bunch of different organic compounds that are immediately available for the plant(absorbed immediately, or very quickly)... its kinda like a steroid, it amplifies the plants ability to use nutrients/create sugars by boosting its regulatory signals and can dramatically increse growth rate. its not very often that i find a product that makes me say "holy shit i guess that does work" but the karma does.. i will never go without it again.. between using that, the hydroplex, and some molassis along with the pro bloom and a scoop of jacks every third feeding i saw a huge differance in yield consistancy.. i cant say that i have never gotten close with advcd nutes because i have but the botanicare seems to be noticably healthier/bigger/faster.. i mean the big bud bloom boost works very well and i dont think youl have any issue with it but you really should try the botanicare line next time.. :) sorry, it gets me all excited.. still, the karma is something you can start now and it WILL increase your overall everything.. again, just a suggestion...

15. #55 Dantastic, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    They were white. Today they're starting to look a tiny bit brown. I woke up to this today.
    IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg
    I moved my light up because I'm not sure if I burned them with heat or nutrients. Everything was going so well...pretty bummed now. I removed the water and put them in just regular water with no nutes for a while. I'm guessing nutrient burn though. I'm thinking I might mix the nutes half strength again.
    IMAG0051.jpg
    I'm pretty mad at myself....ugh. Do I trim the burnt leaves?

16. yeah, thats nute burn all right.. thats why i was saying nutes at half strength isnt a bad thing.. in veg at least... you havnt killed them, its ok.. theyl come back.. just flush for 24 or 48 hrs and then go back to half stength.. it would be even more bennificial now to use that liquid karma.. i highly recomend it! a lot of growers actually test their nutes by adding until they see the first signs of burn so trust me, youl be fine.. just flush and then go back to half strength or maybe a little stronger.. but add the karma man! itl help the roots and the over all health!

17. on the other hand that COULLD be the after effects of calcium def. id still suggest flushing but when you re-add nutes use the calmag.. that way you kill 2 birds with one stone...

18. Yeah that's what I thought. I'm going to flush them for 24 hours. I'm actually quite broke right now, so I can't do much about the calcium. What I will try is giving them a calcium supplement for people. I'm going to mix one capsule with 15L of water. I crushed and mixed it very well. I hope this will get me to next pay day lol. I'm going to do half strength nutes tomorrow. As soon as possible, I'm going to buy cal-mag and liquid karma. Do I need them both? They seem to offer different nutes. I'll get them both though.

19. yeah theyre two very different things.. the calcium supliment should do the trick... if you have epsom salts as well, that is pure magnesium so if you mix some of that in it will cover it... i promise the l.k. will not be a waiste of money..

20. I respect your advice bro, I'll buy them both. Can I use epsom salts that are scented? I happen to have some.