First grow. probabbly messed up alrdy

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ogdreamin, Aug 18, 2010.

1. well. im finally doing it. first grow. the seeds came in, mazaar and master kush from serious seeds and white russin from dutch passion. All indica, So far i have a T5 8 bulb for veg. we have 4 clones, all 1 week into veg just chillin now and are germinating, and 18 seeds. how high should i hang this T5 above the clones. We orginnaly had a 400w mh but that was just too hot (reason switching with T5 along with energy purposes). the flower room is going to have 2 1000w hps lightss with 6" reflectors. what is the most i could realistically yield on my first grow witht this set up? we have two seperate 10x10 rooms we are working with. we were going to do 3000w but we dont think we will be able to control the heat and the bill might really get up there

2. Hey man, on my first grow myself so I can't offer TOO much info (but I can offer info from the perspective of someone in the same situation as you)

Outside of tips here on GC (and the net in general), I've found the best resource for learning to be the little guys and gals we're trying to cultivate. No matter how much info you learn, or tips you receive, you're still going to have to learn to read the signs your plants are giving off.

What I do is take pictures of every plant daily. I also keep a documented log of everything I do. Lastly, I make sure to keep things as consistent as possible (maintain the same PH, PPM, etc) to help me identify what exactly I've done to cause a particular result.

Its amazing how fast these sprouts react to change. The key is to be able to identify that change, that way you can learn what to do/what not to do.

In regards to the T5 lighting, they don't put off much heat at all - but its still better to be cautious with very young seedlings. I think most people would recommend to keep it 1-2 feet until they stabilize then you can probably put them at 6inches or so.