First grow please help

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rob0912, Jan 13, 2014.

1. First grow leaves have yellow spots

2. About 10 days old

Attached Files:

3. #3 Highly Medicated, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    looks like it's been rubbing the pot give it a couple of weeks . Also you'll need to repot pretty soon I'd guess .

4. Water with Epsom Salts for Cal/Mg or buy some MagiCal from GH.

5. Thank you guys Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. How they look now All comments welcome

Attached Files:

7. If anyone is wondering they are karali x skunk#1 both about 11 days old in organic soil, both started with vitalink plant start for first couple waters under a dual spectrum 150 watt cfl atm, only difference being one was germinated first (the small one) and the other was put straight into soil Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

9. How much nitrogen are your plants getting? I had yellow on my leaves I simply added some more lime to my soil about 4 days later I cut off my dying leaves and my plant is doing great. I'm a beginner as well just thought maybe my experience with it might help also how far away are your lights? You have a lot of stretch when you repot them I would put some of that stem under the soil so you don't get top heavy more nutes to bud less to stem you know.Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Umm well I'm not giving them any, Should I be?lol I'm a complete noobI'm pretty sure the yellowing is mg deficiency tho As for stretching I'm pretty sure they're not stretched to much the big plant is about as 2-2.5 inch tall and the smaller around 1.5 I recently had to move a bit further from the light as the leaves were showing signs of heat stress Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The stem between the soil and leaves just look kinda long to me but it's kinda personal preference. Have you added anything to your soil? Lime bloodmeal worm casting they are full of shit for your plants. And cannabis loves nitrogen. I know a guy who grew a plant in only lime bud was great but it wasn't easy I'm just saying soil holds your water that's just about it you need to add nutes Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. growing in straight lime would be impossible it's corrosive you can't grow anything in straight lime and I'd like it if anyone can prove me wrong

13. Cannabis feeds off of nitrogen the only issue with lime is it is too acidic and burns roots BUT if you clone the correct way your plant will be able to handle it. There are actually a hand full of plants that can do this. Now from a seed I'm not sure but I know as a fact if you take a plant from highly acidic soil clone and add more lime eventually it is possible I have seen it first hand! Now I was wrong on it being only lime it is a lime bloodmeal and fuck don't remember the name but that mixed with soil but including the soil it was 70% limeSent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I seriously think this is stupid why waist your time screwing with something plants are not ment to grow in .
    I'd put my time and effort into perfecting my current grow conditions .
    lime is extrely acidic and corrosive we used to use is to compost our long drop toilet .
    now in saying all of this I still don't think it's physically possible do grow in lime and untill I can find pics somewhere I call bullshit .

15. Well give me a month I have seeds on lime soaked paper towels I'll take a pic and post it here when they pop. And why try your hardest to perfect something everyone does or find a new better way that everyone else will try to perfect. If I thought of a way to make a plant grow in bong water hydro dam right I'm going to try it see if it makes better pot if not oh well not a big deal just a pot plant. But we need people like you too or there would be no market (for the ideas not the weed I do not promote drug dealing) don't knock on individuals who are being unique because you can't do itSent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I'm not knocking it I just plain don't believe it . and a seed in a bit of paper proves nothing I want pics of it growing in that sht before ill believe you . Never the less I grow for me and that's all i never sold weed i just smoke a sht load . I have the time and space and patience to try it I'm just not going to waist my time . I do however have alot of respect for our pioneers in growing without them we would still be growing in our back yards .

17. Ok well once they start I'll make the mix take a video of me mixing it and pics of the plants growing. Give me two or 3 tries because I am starting them as seeds never heard of anyone trying. I'll make a little grow journal Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. But if the seeds don't work out my oldest plant is close to being ready to pull clones from so I'll do it that way. And sometimes you can't go on what makes since. Do you think the first guy to wack the top of his plant off was like oh this makes sense I'll chop it off and it will double. Push it to extreme. I have never sold anything and honestly I don't even smoke that much weed only when my anxiety gets real bad but this is fun to do finding new ways new techniques doing something nobody else does don't be such a dick about it dude roll another blunt and chill outSent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. dude your trying to talk yourself up and if I was ignorant it would have worked but I've had alot of exp with lime through different jobs and at home . first you say straight lime then back step and say a mix . I know it's possible to add it to the soil in small doses as do 98% of growers
    But as rob0912 said its his first grow so don't confuse the poor bloke with bullsht . now ill smoke a fat one and forget this argument took place . rob you will always get ppl who talk sht and the biggest mistake on here is to believe anything . Take everything with a grain of salt and find the groove that works for you mate . good luck I'm out

20. I'm not trying to confuse anyone there is a million different ways to grow. He must have googled it and realized I was right. And no it's not something to do with your first plant. And if this guy was intelligent he would know there are many different kinds and strength of lime you wouldn't use straight 100% lime in any plant your garden lime is mixed and diluted down it is not the same as industrial lime. Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app