First Grow Please Help If You Can

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xspiggax, Jan 22, 2009.

1. hi i'm new to growing and this forum however have been reading info here and tokin up for the better part of a decade... Im finally in a position where i can grow some goodies without fear of a relative or a nosy municipal worker finding them

i ordered some seeds from attitude (10 fem barneys farm blue cheese and i got 5 power skunk seeds free) i also got 2 growpanel 45's from sunshine system as i hear LEDs are the most electrically efficient way to go... not sure what kind of fert and soil i should be using so please help me here

also how close should the light panels be to the plant? i cant find any LED related info in this area...

its going to be in a closet 6ft tall x 3.5ft deep and about 5 ft wide give or take an inch or 2... there are no windows near the closet so exhaust is a major concern of mine... im thinking about cutting a 6inch hole in the closet ceiling so i can run a foothill filters 130cfm exhaust fan with a carbon scrubber attached to dump the air into my roommates room... he doesnt care if his room smells a little bit but we cant be stinkin up the whole apartment....

please any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated... ill be happy to return the favor as i see the forum doesnt have too many LED grow logs

2. Dude did you read the post, im guessing not!!!!

I would treat LED's much like CFL's as they are meant to run cool. You should be able to have them close to your plants. One of the mods on here aswell as others do use LEDS. If you don't get an answer have a look at their journals and leave them a post maybe. I'd love to help more but im growing under HPS.

Good luck

3. hey bro wassup, i have experiance with LED panels, the same one's you actually got from sunshine systems as a matter of fact, use them soley for supplementing not as the main source ok, i cannot stress this enough, these panels are not for seedlings so be warned, you can check out my led computer grow box thread in my sig to see what im talking about. the panels should be as close to the plant as possible, i wouldnt say let them touch because they do create lil burnt circles on your leaves. if you want to go the energy effcient way, throw some cfl's in the mix, they should work in not making heat build up such an issue. you idea of cutting a hole out in the top of the closet was what i was going to suggest so go for it! if you have any other questions please feel free to pm me or leave a message on one of my threads, be well and good luck on your grow

Bp:cool:

4. HAHA sorry dude! I have pretty bad memory problems when i am really stoned. LOL :hello:

5. Soil, foxfarm ocean forrest seems to be about the best. You can also add some perlite and vermiculite.

6. cop walks up to a stoned guy says hello, stoner replies good constable afternoon lol :D