First grow, plants starting to look a little sick

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by juice86, Sep 21, 2010.

1. #1 juice86, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    This is my first grow. I just got these cheese clones about 5 days ago. Im vegging with a T5 in 5 gallon pots. Using RO water, Earth Juice Amazon bloom soil w/ perlite and Earth Juice sweet and heavy nutes. When I got them they were fed with fox farm nutes. When I transplanted them I used just ph adjusted RO water. Then yesterday i watered with nutes, used the concentration on the bottle that was for the first week of vegging which is less then 1/4 strength of full vegging solution, until runoff, and I did NOT adjust the ph cause it says not to on the bottle for hand feeding. Not sure if my plants are just shocked still from transplant or switching nutes on them is stressing them out. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh yea temp on average is 75 and humidity on average is %50.

Pic number 4 is showing what im most worried about where the leaves are drying up and curling in, its happening to few of them.

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      675 KB
      Views:
    • 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      938.2 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      857 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      973 KB
      Views:

2. you say you got these clones 5 days ago. where they rooted? fresh cuts in 5 gallon containers is not a good idea. i'd take em out and put em in 1 gallon pots. vegging with a t-5 is a good idea, i do it. even if these cuts are rooted, it sounds like you're over-ferting them. once they're rooted, start them on 1/4 strength nutes. disregard any suggestions on nute strength from the manufacturer. 200 ppm is a good starting point.

3. Yea they were in red party cups with good amount of roots, older clones than you would usually find at a club. The first watering was just water, then a few of the leaves started to turn yellow so i figured they were hungry, and watered them with a solution that read 70ppm, then the leaves started curling

4. My clones responded that way to a pH imbalance.

5. Your plants look normal and your feeding right. If your experiencing yellowing of the lower leaves can be a sign of not enough N.
    When using a RO water system a lot of the minerals beneficial to plants(iron,calcium and mg) are eliminated or, reduced and you might want to think about using some cal/mag with your schedule to avoid those deficiencies, Before treating any deficiencies always check and get the ph within range before treating.....

6. Alright thanks a lot guys. I am concerned I'm not doing the ph right cause I heard u are not suppose to adjust the ph when using organics (and that also what it says oh the bottle) but I didn't do anything special when mixing the soil, just used 60% EJ amazon bloom and %40 perlite. So would that mean not to adjust it when adding nutes and adjust when using strait water. and whats a safe ph value to start with if adjusting is needed.

Thanks again

7. Here is an update:

7 of 8 are looking great!
    001.JPG

This one is having major problems.
    003.JPG
    004.JPG

I think what happened was her roots got damaged during transplant. At first I thought it was over watering but as time went by she just kept on getting worse. I transplanted her into the only thing i could find which was a Jack in the Box cup :eek: and her roots have not branched out at all. I believe I am finally starting to see some new growth but at this point I don't think she is going to be able to catch up with the rest of the canopy.

So what do you guys think? Should I scrap her? Or If I don't how could I better care for her?