First Grow -- Pineapple Express

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by black2green, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Ide say give those girls a week or two of fresh water (no nutes) and then harvest, but thats just me. Good grow btw! If they dont get water while your gone the worst case scenario is they die or come close to death (which prolly woulnt happen because mj likes dry soil) and dry out a little which is no different then cutting them down anyway. You would be suprised what that last week or two will do!

2. Day 89, Flowering Day 49

OK, so I decided to just give her a whole lot of water (2qt) and just harvest when I return. She doesn't look quite ready anyways, but a few more days, and she will be.

Attached Files:

3. Looking like some dankety-dank!

4. I can't wait to see how much you yield.

5. Day 93 Total, Day 53 Flowering, Day 0 Harvest

Harvest day! I had given her enough water to survive my absence. When I returned, she was still plenty green and only a few more leaves were yellow/brown. Today was the day to harvest, so I cut her up, trimmed some of the larger/easier to reach leaves, and hung up the branches. I had gotten some gloves for the trim party, but I should have used them for the harvest, because my hands still got really sappy from holding the stems/branches while cutting the leaves. I think I have got a fairly good yield for a first timer: maybe 2 ounces. I should have an official measurement in 6 days.

The cutting was a lot harder than I anticipated, and it took longer than I thought. I guess I will start getting better over time.

Attached Files:

6. Great job man really. I will be looking for your new journal.

7. Very nice!! Makes me excited for mine. Great to watch yours grow... and best of luck to you on the next one!!

8. Yeah I am gonna watch the next one myself.

9. Day 97

I was up late trimming the plant down to just the bud. I took some pictures, but never got around to posting last night. So, I have attached them today. I think I was doing something wrong, because it took me about 2 hours to trim 1 small plant. I don't think it should take this long. At any rate, it is done, and drying out some more in paper bags. I will have an official weight in two days, so stay tuned.

Today, I'm making Canna Oil using BadKat's Recipe. I am using the non-bud plant matter (leaves, stems) to make the oil. I don't expect it to be particularly potent, but we shall see.

Attached Files:

10. Now that loks real nice man, very tasty looking stuff.

11. Day 99

The weigh-in is official: 29g, which is just over an ounce. I think this is pretty good, considering it is my first plant and I really didn't know what I was doing going into it. The bud is in a jar now, curing for the next 4 weeks. As you can see from the pictures, the bud is still very frosty.

I made some brownies with the canna oil I made the other day. As I suspected, they aren't very potent. However, they were enough to make me feel very relaxed with just two brownies.

Attached Files:

12. that's yummy

13. Wow man excellent. your first time? Really? you paid attention in class

14. I studied for over a year before I started growing. I wanted to make sure I knew everything from A to Z. I'm discovering that there are some letters after Z, however, so my education continues.

15. Yes, very good approach.