First Grow -- Pineapple Express

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by black2green, Jul 24, 2012.

1. subbedededdd

2. There are quite a few tiny leaves growing, and it appears that there are two levels of growth. The first leaves are on the bottom level, and the newer leaves are all on the top. I also noticed one new growth sort of on the side. Maybe a future side branch? It's too tiny to take a picture yet.

Attached Files:

3. they're so cute!

4. Your growth should increase pretty soon. Your babies have been concentrating on building its root system. Now that it can support more plant, that is exactly what you are going to get.

5. Yeah, I see at least 5 new leaves and some other new growths. It's so exciting!

6. #26 black2green, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    I can't even count how many leaves and sprouts and tiny shoots there are now. The plant is about two inches across now, but still less than an inch tall. I'm planning on adding fertilizer on Monday, so maybe after that, this plant can really take off.

Attached Files:

7. You shouldn't need any nutrients yet. Your soil should have enough nutrients for your plant go at least 3 weeks. I think at this age you want to be careful to not burn them.

8. Subbed. Looking great man but ill go with rizz on this, Your baby's will flourish without added nutes for some weeks to come. keep it up. MH

9. yuppppp:smoke:

10. #30 black2green, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    OK, I'll hold off on the nutes.

I watered today and came back to check on the plant. And I found an earwig burrowing near the stem. I HATE EARWIGS!!!! EWWWW!!!!!!

It went something like this:
    [​IMG]

I had to dig up a fair amount of soil to catch the damned thing and flush it down the toilet. I poked around and didn't find any more.

I read somewhere that praying mantises (sp?) are great predators, but dunno if there is enough prey for even one to eat. I don't even know if I will find any more pests. Suggestions?

11. i've never heard of earwigs damaging crop.

anyone else?

12. At any rate, I wish earwigs would all just f*** off.

I had a busy weekend of relaxing and not working, and it's been a few days since I updated. She's getting so much bigger! And now I can see some of the typical cannabis leaf arrangements. I was going to add nutes today, but ya'll talked me out of it. I put her in soil 7/26/2012 and she poked out on 7/28/2012, so I guess she is about 16 days old. I think I read somewhere that 3 weeks is when you start nutes, but what do ya'll recommend?

Attached Files:

13. wait several waterings for sure. can't give ya a better answer. looking hotttt

14. Depending on the soil that you used, it might be rich in nutrients. You might be able to just water it with plain water if the dirt looks dry. Wait for it to dry within 4 days to a week and then start nutes at 1/4 strength. Your plants are still pretty small so you might want to be a bit careful yet.

15. Day 20

OK, so I've been busy and tired all week. But, I finally have an update. She is getting a lot bigger. She's 2in tall and 5.5in across. I see new leaves every day, so she is totally in the swing of vegetation. She's getting pretty thirsty too. The water doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. I've been watering 1qt every 3 days, but yesterday I gave her 1.25qt.

I took lots of pictures this time, so you can see a lot of different angles.

Attached Files:

16. [quote name='"black2green"']Day 20

OK, so I've been busy and tired all week. But, I finally have an update. She is getting a lot bigger. She's 2in tall and 5.5in across. I see new leaves every day, so she is totally in the swing of vegetation. She's getting pretty thirsty too. The water doesn't seem to last as long as it used to. I've been watering 1qt every 3 days, but yesterday I gave her 1.25qt.

I took lots of pictures this time, so you can see a lot of different angles.[/quote]

looking great! Hopefully it will be a potent bITch. IMHO, let the plant tell you when it needs nutes. Very easy to burn at such a young stage. When fertilizing, sticking to a schedule is for over analyzers, read the leaves and you'll be fine.

17. How would the plant let me know when it's ready for nutes?

18. looking fantasimist

19. Basically just reading the leaves. Green healthy leaves, don't feed. Light green leaves, 1/4 dose. There is much information on the internet of the affects certain deficiencies exhibit. Seeing early signs of these deficiencies can help you counteract these effects before they become a problem.

20. At any rate, the pics are awesome, and best of luck to you!