First Grow (PICS)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BayAreaCanaseur, Feb 22, 2009.

1. #1 BayAreaCanaseur, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    Im a medical patient here in the bay area the DEA has shut down four clubs in my city alone luckily neighboring oakland still boasts a handfull of clubs. I visited one club and purchased 6 baby clones which have all been under 400w HPS light for 2 weeks: 4 grapefruit kush (ind), 1 xxx (sat) and 1 purple kush (ind). Im growing them from soil. The purple kush had a growth spurt in the first week of the vegatative phase and is towering over the others as of now. I have been told I should wait for them to reach at least 12 inches before initiating flowering but I also understand clones are as mature as the mothers they came from and can be immediatley throwin into the 12/12 cycle. I dont have a lot of vertical space so i plan to flower earlier than later. 1.Do my clones look prepared to flower? 2.Also the top of the plants are 2 feet away from the light is this to close? 3.Are there any reasons behind the purple kush growth spurt? 4.Most Importantly, what are the top differences in handling and growing clones as opposed to seedlings? Average plant height (6 inches) smallest plant (4 inches) tallest plant (8 inches). 5.Also how much should i expect each plant to yeild if i initiated flowering now? 6.Also are the pots the right size and should i get bigger pots later on?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You can definitely throw them into flower now, it will be just fine. They look very healthy!

3. 1.Do my clones look prepared to flower? No, I would wait an veg. them for at least a month the more time in veg bigger plants.
    2.Also the top of the plants are 2 feet away from the light is this to close? Perfect you want to keep the tops of the plants at least two feet away.
    3.Are there any reasons behind the purple kush growth spurt? All plants are different, they do crazy things
    4.Most Importantly, what are the top differences in handling and growing clones as opposed to seedlings? Average plant height (6 inches) smallest plant (4 inches) tallest plant (8 inches). I have only grown two seeds all the other times I used clones from a mother. Clones are easier because you get a head start, you know what the sex is and that about it.
    5.Also how much should i expect each plant to yeild if i initiated flowering now? Not much maybe a ounce maybe. Wait till there about a foot high.
    6.Also are the pots the right size and should i get bigger pots later on? No, since you only have six. What I would do is plant them in atleast a gallon buckets five if you want to veg for a while. I have learned with soil it's better to get them in a big pot early let the roots grow free. One more thing if you do wait to veg them out, you might want to get some tom. gates to put around your tress when you start flowing to help hold up the branches.:smoking: Hope that helped

4. Yea thanks for the input guys i dont think i will be continuing vegetative growth due to lack of vertical space. Ive decided to incorporate the SOG method because of this problem. I only wish that i could legally have more than just 6 mature plants with my medical reccomendation to really take advantage of SOG. I was also wondering if i should be misting my clones and more importantly if its ok to "top" them while flowering to promote more budding sites.