First Grow-Pics and Updates Later

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by spartan3500, May 10, 2010.

1. Hey GC I'm home nice for the summer and I've decided to try to grow some nice mary jane. I'm just getting started, and I don't have the funds to get crazy technical stuff. I just am basically going to see what happens and if I get some bud, that will be awesome. I will keep this thread updated as long as I have plants growing.

I started germinating 60 bagseeds yesterday using paper towels in a tupperware container. I'm going to check on them tomorrow.

The two pictures are of the location I will be growing. The first one will be the area I will be growing but if I run our of space I can move into the area seen in the second picture. It's deep in the woods surrounded by prickers and dense brush. It has a clear opening to the sky and should receive plenty of direct/indirect sunlight. The area is a little wet, there's a swamp nearby, so I imagine that that will be good for the plants. Do you guys agree? I also have to pull up all those little plants you see - that's for tomorrow as well. But once I'm done with that it should be a nice little garden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Updates later. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      546.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      322.1 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 spartan3500, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    What up GC. Just got back from vacation and I checked on my plants today. I planted 25 germinated seeds in the ground 2 Wednesdays ago and after 12 days of growth, I've got 3 seedlings I'm fairly sure of and 2 that could be, but I want some opinions about them. Not horrible for planting them directly in the ground and letting mother nature do all the work. The seedlings aren't that big now, so maybe there is a chance more will surface.

Here are the ones that I'm sure of:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one still has a little bit of unfurling left to do, but I think I can see the characteristic leaf shape.

[​IMG]

These two I don't know about. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They don't look like any of the plants I pulled up from the area and are about the same size as the other three. I'll let them grow and I guess I'll know in a few weeks.

The weather has been cloudy, rainy, and a little cool lately but once we get some sun and warm temperatures I'm guessing these will start to grow a little faster. Do they look okay?

And my main concern in my location is the deer. I've heard they will eat the plants. I have 2 dogs...should I brush them and take their hair and spread it around the area? And in the last picture one of the cotyledons has some bites on it which I assume are from a bug of some sort. What is recommended for taking care of that?

Thanks a lot. Updates in a few days maybe when the suns out.

Attached Files:

• 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      86.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      93.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.JPG
      7.JPG
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      96 KB
      Views:
  3. Pee around them, put soap around them, put moth balls around them, put your dogs hair around them, maybe some fishing line too.

They will grow big and beautiful soon. Throw some pics up later. See yah.