First Grow (pics) '08 Season

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by analogue, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Here we go GC, my first ever grow. :wave:

I dug up some soil from my front yard under some bushes and put it in cups, I saw some wildlife :)mad:2 worms, 3 red ants and 2 potato bugs total :mad:) in all different cups so far. I started off with 25 seeds and like 17 germinated well. I placed 10 in 5 cups and here we are, about 3 are doing superbly.

I haven't fed any nutes or anything except some dilluted brown sugar. I placed the cups outside yesterday and a couple of minutes ago I saw that one of my cups had completely died.

I want to transplant these into some clean soil ASAP and I was wondering when the safest time to do that was.:confused:

Any help is appreciated blades. May Topper's 2008 Grow commence! :hello:

[​IMG]

2. Hi Mate

Tranplant the living ones into clean soil asap, and give them a cup each. Would you like living that close to your sister?

The sooner you get them sorted out with a nice new home the better.

Search the forums for soils to use that you can get in your area. In the UK i would recommed Bio Bizz, it seems to work great. In the US alot of the top soil growers here use Fox Farm Ocean something all the way through. August West's new thread gives the correct name for it and that dude KNOWS what he's doing.

Good Luck :hello:

3. \

Thanks man, I'll probably have some in the next few days, my mom has a tomato plant hanging around here that she wants to replant. Should be pretty nice.

Once they grow three leaf sets I'm going to LST them big time. Hopefully at least two will be females. And if all of them are, :hello::hello: :smoke: I honestly cant wait for that point because then I can feel like I'm the one actually doing the work lol

Also, quick question about topping later on, With the LST would I be able to top every one of the stems shooting upward off of the main stem? That would be hella lot a colas

4. Hi Analogue :wave:

Not too sure about the topping question as I am a noob myself, but there is a great guide to LST by Dierwolf on a sticky. He trains the around the pot then tops the last one, when he has gone full circle. Prob better to read it, he explaims better than I can, and has pics too.

5. dierwolf also has a guide to fimming and topping, they are in the Absolute Beginner forum. Well worth a read. :wave:

6. Lol I've read a whole lot of guides here on GC. I'm still a complete newb so I will be having a bunch of questions in the next few months :p

7. Lol, I ended up with square eyes as well :D