First Grow - PC Planter - Journal w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by valerien, May 7, 2011.

1. this a boy? i think so but want confirm

Attached Files:

2. i just killed MY male the other day, showed his balls JUST like that. rid that bad boy

3. he was executed with haste so his sister could get fatter =)

4. #64 valerien, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    all anyone has said to me with this autoflower is 'ill know' when its time to switch the bulb to 2700k. vague stuff gets me no where so I'm making a guess and doing it now. been seeing pistils on her for a week+ boy plant removed, spot duct taped over. washed the res out as I'm eithe rjust noticing a slight coloration now that I killed the male or they are not liking that bushmaster product very much. just noticing a hint of color on some roots parts that I don't recognize.

swapped my 26w 6500k to the 65w 2700k. this 65w was more of a pain to setup than I expected due to the size. heat is climbing in the box now as well since I have sealed it all back up.... up to 88 degrees right now. will most likely let it run through the night and pickup a 26w 2700k tomorrow.

5. man I may go to walmart tonight. it's peaking at 95 and I don't want a hermie.

6. #66 valerien, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
    unplugged the cfl before heading to walmart so it could stop stressing (as well as me!) and let it just run off of the 50w HPS. purchased a 3 pack of 26w 2700k 1750 lumen lights and stuck one in. ph and root color looked good after this last wash. made sure I flushed with ph balanced RO water after dipping roots in tap water for minor chlorine exposure. I believe leaving the minor amounts of tap water on the roots as I put the plant back into my resevoir was causing the PH to rise from a ph buffer/balancer in the tap water.

most of the stuff that was sinking from removing the scrog or twisted from heat stress from no air circulation in the scrog is looking good other than leaf blades themselves that I don't believe can recover.

7. #67 valerien, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    gonnna start increasing the ppm of my resevoir top offs to the 800 range. things look okay considering the stress off adding and then removing hte scrog and the heat stress it went through for a day or so. definately missing this entire case being filled by 2 plants. I know she'll make it but i'm hoping she comes around a bit more so I can produce some good buds. there's maybe half a dozen flowering sites on the one girl.

on a side note, several posts back I mentioned how I was testing my germ technique on a bagseed in a small flowerpot with some miracle grow. that went well and when the seedling came out and stretched 2 inches looking for light... and I got bored... I took a cardboard box, cut 2 holes and mounted the 80mm fans I was using some time ago in my pc grow box as an intake & exhaust fan. mounted the 125w 6500k cfl I had in the top and stuck the pot in there. didn't bother painting/coating any walls as it's just a bagseed and i'm toying around with soil. I took it out for the first time and gave it water today. it's definately growing. have just been putting plain RO water into it since it's in miracle grow soil that advertises it can feed the plant for 6 months. this cardboard box is not in my sliding door closet in my bedroom but rather in a closed off hallway closet. I'm sure it gets warm in there so I don't expect much of anything.

also the bagseed this came from was not the greatest herbals. It did the job but was quite harsh. My seller advertised it as 'the goo'. I'm hoping its a quality strain and was just cured improperly or not flushed at the end of grow.

8. with a busy work week like i've had it stresses me out to see my girl stress.

i'm seeing the tips of pistils turn color, i think it is heat stress and not the buds growing... can anyone confirm?

there's lots of stressed fan leaves, none seem to be apart of bud sites though, i don't know if it's just what is from what awas stressed or if it's continuing as i've been busy. would be neat to hear that hte plant kills all the non bud sites during flowering haha but i doubt it. i put some h2o2 into the res last night and tried to untangle some roots as that's where the source of the color is and I think it's root rot from the roots being bound and not having enough room. am running more water in my res now... another thing I'll change with my next grow.

it's been hard to keep the temp down since I killed the 2nd plant.. that or the 2700k 26w cfl runs much hotter than the 6500k 26w cfl.. i'm generally in the 86-87 range now.

past 12 hours the ph has been rising a lot i think its because i put h2o2 directly into the res and used a qtip to apply some to the signs of sickness. will wash res and growth medium + roots today with a 30% h2o2 70% RO water solution, then rinse with pure RO water and refresh my res soup.

9. #69 valerien, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    washed everything. rinsed with pure RO wtaer before putting all back together, went back down to low 700 ppm for nutes.(saw some yellow tip on a low hanging leaf that is new) still having massive PH rising issues. will go from 5.4 to 6.5 in just 3-4 hrs

10. ph is riiiiiiiiiiiising rising rising, man It's never been this bad.

11. i believe the coloring i was seeing before is from root rot, i think this is what is causing my ph rising issue.

man I almost just want to start over now with everything I've learned haha. this is gonna be such a pain in the ass to deal with to harvest IF i can get her there.

12. #72 valerien, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
    threw some h2o2 into the res, like 2 caps full. bud sites are growing. gonna stick with it. but root rot seems be a pretty difficult thing to get rid of. will rinse my res out again tomorrow to get any dead root material out and just keep flushing every 2 days or so and add a tablespoon or two of h2o2 to new soup each time.

less pics lately because I'm not as proud of my progress as I once was after so many stress factors she's pretty droopy and lots of visible signs of stress... like I said though, bud sites are growing... I'm learning something new every week still I feel like as well. I'm expecing my 2nd grow to be much more successful.

13. When do you foilar feed? The thing to remember if you decide to foilar is to do it right before the lights are turning off.. If you do it before then the water droplets act like magnifying glasses on the leaves causing burns..

Since I'm soil I can't really help ya out too much with the ppms, but if you want to you can stop by the no time for a journal link in my sig.. Feel free to post up pics and ask questions about your grow..

Also don't forget to leave a link so people can find their way back here.. That way we can get you some growers in here helping ya out.. I would I'm just in a whole different ball park working with soil.. :wave:

:smoke:

14. yeah the burn was very early on when I was spraying too much considering I'm on 24/0 for these autoflowers (now 1 autoflower).

I don't foliar feed anymore now that I'm on flowering for the past several days.

updated pics of budding sites below, I have not washed the res out today like I said I would. Have been exhausted from work and just throwing more ph down + a bit of h2o2 in to keep it going. it goes from low 5's to high 6's in less than 6 hours........ :(

I count 11 nodes before the top the main/middle stem.. which has like 4-5 nodes on it I think. anyone have any clues as of yield this early? I'm sure I have 1-2 months of flowering to go.

Attached Files:

15. took 11 pics of the nodes, had to post twice

Attached Files:

16. recalibrated my digi ph meter during the resevoir wash. just a few days ago i used drops to verify the color & numbers were in sync, it was about 0.5 off today so maybe that's why its been rising higher than 6.5 lately... as I was having ph rising issues before but it would stop around 6.5 and I believed it must of been a buffer in tap water that I wasnt washing enough off after cleaning the res.

now im wondering if any recent dmg I've seen could be from me making the ph too low the past couple days. I can say I'm noticing some burn on a few small fan leaves that directly touch bud nodes that scares me and I don't believe was there 48 hours ago.

17. must have done something right. ph is much more manageable.

there's a weird white dot at the base of the stem.. not sure if it's anything to be concerned about. ill include in my next set of pics if I can.

bud sites getting bigger. trying to monitor if any burn is continuing as there's all kinds of stress on this girl... especially in the area between the humidifier and the exhaust. the odd thing is that there are 2 bud sites in this path that look fine though.

i turned the humidifer timer down to 15 on 30 off

18. I bent off the tip of a wire hanger and LST'd that bagseed plant that I have in a cardboard box. I realize I havent posted any pics of that one, i will next time around as well.

19. ph still much more managable a full day later, looking good again. hoepfully the fan leafs start perking back up again and looking healthier.

i removed the plastic reflector/guard from the 50w HPS light and was astonished by how dusty i twas on the bulb/inside. i dusted it off as well as my cfl and did not replace the reflector. gonna see how it affects things. It's much much brighter.

20. so i had replaced that plastic reflector on the hps light to test the heat difference, upon removing it a 2nd time... i slipped and let it fall onto my plant :mad::mad::mad::mad:

the bud at the top of the main stalk/stem took quite the hammering, she's bent over quite a bit now and i can see some minor damage about an inch below the top of the stem.

things haven't been going well but i've been taking it with a grain of salt since the buds have been growing and now I just physically assaulted them.. i suck!